User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Feb-13 13:52:41
Print Post

Re: Bye bye VM

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I got the impression from fault reports that it was mostly connection issues that caused the Superhub to freeze up although hammering the wifi did keel it over on earlier firmware releases. The current firmware worked OK for me but I left the wireless set to 140 and never hammered it. I did eventually move over to modem mode because I needed to use OpenDNS parental controls plus I needed some QoS functionality.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Feb-13 16:05:36
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Modem mode saved my experience. With AP's so cheap It's a no brainer really.
Standard User leexgx
(member) Tue 05-Mar-13 12:35:45
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

problem is VM make the issue worse by Upgrading users to the Supershub and then Giving them More download and Upload (5mb from 1-2mb)speed that just makes the problem worse

when i had my old 20mb modem i had 0 issues with VM no packet loss very good ping (docsis 1 network) when i got the 50mb v1 and v2 modem, just loads of packet loss (docsis 3) but the first problem i had was with VM network edge issues (there Bandwidth provider was dropping packets so anything inside VM network was fine like the Game download server, but if you went onto the internet site is was [censored] due to Tera Bandwidth provider)

what they need to do is on overloaded Nodes if cap every body's upload to 2mb until they can Fix the local issue, or at least drop users connections down to 2mb if they abuse p2p to much (abuse in the way of leaving the p2p to run on start up as most do set to unlimited upload)

you can see from the monitors below of the issue with overloaded upstream (BQM one) mine is number 1 (lucky the upstream channel i am on is not to bad) ,
the issue ones are 2 and 3 on the same street but they are running on an Upstream channel that is overloaded around 4pm to midnight

wish i could move to where BQM monitor 8 is that's nice pings

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to