User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:20:45
Print Post

Re: Thinking of getting VM cable ... am I daft?

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Wrong. Under agreement in the letter it stated 7 days (excluding weekend and bank holidays)

Thanks for this info. It goes against everything the 3 people told me at VM ( and is in line with that I thought.

I'll leave it - I will only be told there was no 7 days just like there was a new contract which never arrived and then I was told didn't exist when I wanted to enforce it (funny that)

Yes same advice to the OP. Try it.. Nothing to lose - VM do cancel it all within 28 days and write off the account and balance. That said it usually takes them a month to produce the first bill, Or always have with me. I guess it's for that exact purpose.

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "

Edited by pcoventry76 (Tue 17-Sep-13 19:23:44)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:24:30
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Wrong. Under agreement in the letter it stated 7 days (excluding weekend and bank holidays)

Thanks for this info. It goes against everything the 3 people told me at VM ( and is in line with that I thought.

I'll leave it - I will only be told there was no 7 days just like there was a new contract which never arrived and then I was told didn't exist when I wanted to enforce it (funny that)

Yes same advice to the OP. Try it.. Nothing to lose - VM do cancel it all within 28 days and write off the account and balance. That said it usually takes them a month to produce the first bill, Or always have with me. I guess it's for that exact purpose.

I had scanned it and post it for u to check this with Virgin Media: http://postimg.org/image/f01fmyjkz/

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 20:07:53
Print Post

Cheers,

I've now had the " There's no new contract - You jsut agreed to another 12 months to get the price reduction"

Is that not a contract then? Ok so I will stay for 9 months at reduced rate and then leave -that what they are saying?

I am waiting for the " Oh but you used the services so therefore the 7 days does not matter" which is true as I was already an existing customer. But they can't offer a retentions deal and then take that away surely?

I've not downloaded a large amount today as I have been at work. But I did 4.1GB between 4-6PM and now I have been STM'd since 6:05 and still STM'd. Little things like this [censored] me off with VM and that's why I rant and rave.

But thanks I will perservere!

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "

Edited by pcoventry76 (Tue 17-Sep-13 20:09:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GnarledTodger
(newbie) Tue 17-Sep-13 20:13:35
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

You're talking about existing customer upgrades. The OP is a potential new customer and will get 28 days.

Virgin rep I spoke to said 28 days as I'm will be a virgin to Virgin.
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 20:22:11
Print Post

[re: GnarledTodger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GnarledTodger:
In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

You're talking about existing customer upgrades. The OP is a potential new customer and will get 28 days.

Virgin rep I spoke to said 28 days as I'm will be a virgin to Virgin.

that's right for new customers smile

(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 20:44:27
Print Post

Thank you for that.

Just wanted to say I have spoken to VM and the supervisor, although saying everyone was right and it's 7 days (which goes against what you have) has said that actually there was no new contract so the price reduction was just for the remaining 9 months.

However - due to the way I was spoken to on the original call (which thank god WAS recorded) he's agreed to let me go and my service has been terminated. Got to pay final bill and then get a credit.

I am in debt to you all for your assistance.

Standard User brandscill
(regular) Sat 28-Sep-13 08:56:20
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Been with VM for 8 or so nears now, never have much of a problem
Standard User ilikesurfing
(regular) Sun 29-Sep-13 20:51:28
Print Post

[re: GnarledTodger] [link to this post]

VM used (note "used") to be good and reliable, now I am sorry to say that in the last 4 months it has become soooo UNreliable that I am considering leaving for better ISP. There are constant drops of connection ,and this happens just as you are about to bid on ebay etc and is always happening, if only for a few minutes or less. One of the VM engineers has told me that they KNOW they problem, that happened when they increased the speeds, yet the Management will not listen to the engineers as they are sooo far up their own [censored] to listen. The Engineer told me that he knows of HUNDREDS of people in just my area with this problem and guesses it is happening everywhere. He says is something to do with the Servers and they cannot cope with the increased speed !!! So NO I would not now recommend VM to anyone at all.

Edited by ilikesurfing (Sun 29-Sep-13 20:53:21)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Sep-13 23:25:32
Print Post

[re: ilikesurfing] [link to this post]

I am completely lost as to why changing the speed limit on the modem would make the modem start to drop out.

There are a few reasons why cable modems will be unreliable but increasing the speeds isn't one of them, that's just a simple configuration change.

Never take what a field engineer says as gospel - most of the service techs work for contractors, not Virgin directly. I seriously doubt if there are hundreds of people just in your area and hence tens of thousands or more nationwide with the same issue it's not being looked at.

The only thing that comes to mind is bad power level with drop outs caused by channel bonding - what is the upstream transmit power on your cable modem?
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Sep-13 09:37:23
Print Post

[re: ilikesurfing] [link to this post]

Is it really the connection dropping or are you using WiFi and it is just that dropping out? That's a far more common problem and one VM won't be able to fix.

Have you set up a TBB monitor? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to