User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 01-Oct-15 17:06:40
Print Post

Re: Seams VM won't be 100 200 300. After all

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

then they should call it vivid coax.

This rebrand of their product gives the impression they have changed the technology new in 2015.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Oct-15 19:29:55
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Ordered 3 x FTTC 74/19 = 222/57 - now, that's even FASTER than virgin media! smile

Got a new job started a week ago. Earned £547 per week salary! smile

Edited by adslmax (Thu 01-Oct-15 19:30:49)

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Oct-15 20:59:06
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Not much in the scheme of things!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Oct-15 22:48:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bryer:
I think you'll find that Virgin are not misleading anyone.

The general consumer, and not visitors here to the forums (who have a higher knowledge), aer getting more and more competent when dealing with technology now and understand things a lot better than they did 2 to 3 years ago.

They are just, in my eyes making a bigger emphasis on their network being different to Sky/BT by using coaxial cable instead of twisted copper.

Also the network in the South East of England works fine, never get any speed drops unless I hit the throttling threshold when I turn my Xbox on and download a shed load of updates.

smile

You r point has no meaning to our complaint... they are implying they have new Fibre Optic Technology" where as they do not...

An Ex Area Manager from the South East of England seems to have a different opinion on the reliability and capacity of the network in the South East, may I ask where about's in the South East you are located? or better what network of Virgin's are you connected via?

PS. Downloading "a shed load" of updates for xbox shouldn't trigger any throttling thresholds as they do not exist on Virgin's service... (or at least not legitimately anyway)...
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Oct-15 22:52:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Ordered 3 x FTTC 74/19 = 222/57 - now, that's even FASTER than virgin media! smile

If you really have done that then your being a little silly IMO... also what equipment are you using to bond these connections as the last I heard it takes pretty advanced equipment to bond upstream so theoretically you could end up with 222/18 and there might be some headroom required so maybe knocks you 222 down to below 200meg frown
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Thu 01-Oct-15 23:52:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bryer:
Also the network in the South East of England works fine, never get any speed drops unless I hit the throttling threshold when I turn my Xbox on and download a shed load of updates.

smile

The throttling threshold that does not exist anymore? VM don't throttle ANY download and haven't for over a year - so either you are hitting the upload limit due to all the download you are doing (as per how a connection works) OR there is problems and you are seeing congestion - and it's not working as fine as you think.
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Thu 01-Oct-15 23:57:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:

Well I could get VM 200 also and bond it with my current FTTC and EoFTTC lines but I see no need. Having 148/34 is more than enough for me. 348/46 seems like too much overkill. (I have a 50mbps VM line installed as part of my house purchase free for 3 years - and the SH has been disconnected and put in the cupboard. I won't use it even if it's free as this area is [censored] network wise.

That must be an awesome job. I work 10 hours a week and earn twice that. (the term work is very loose here - I haven't worked in years - it's more like a hobby to me) In fact my EoFTTC line is purely there for tax purposes. I don't even use it!

But I would rather have something there I could use it I wanted to than just give it to the tax man. It's not chump change either!

Edited by deleted (Fri 02-Oct-15 00:00:17)

Standard User deleted
(deleted) Thu 01-Oct-15 23:59:19
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

dam - now you beat me to it :/
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Fri 02-Oct-15 00:25:53
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

Some things never change, Pete.
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Fri 02-Oct-15 01:25:43
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Some things never change, Pete.

I am sure they dont and its nice to put a name to a sort of online face. Hi Pete smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to