User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-Feb-17 15:17:42
Print Post

Re: Sister asked me a question about the Superhub..

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dragon2611:
How does this work if you want to run the SH3 in modem mode, does the Tivo still connect directly to the SH3?

Edit: Also does netflix on the V6 come from the internet queue/profile or the TV one then (If as you say it's separate)

In modem mode the TiVo connects to the router you're using.

Netflix and everything else to and from the TiVo will use the TV service flow. Netflix is quite integrated into the TiVo and people are likely to get upset if their downloads break the TV service through their VM set top.

I've a suspicion it's not separate everywhere yet, though, reading some posts. I'll look into this some more.
Standard User dragon2611
(experienced) Fri 10-Feb-17 15:36:09
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In Which case I better make sure the Tivo traffic ends up hitting VM's network directly.

Going to have an L2TP to AAISP to keep my static IP/IPv6's, Moving somewhere where the options were VM or ADSL2+ and the cabling for VM was already in.

Might still end up with an ADSL2+ line if the latency on VM end up being poor.

AAISP HOME:1T FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 10-Feb-17 19:34:13
Print Post

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dragon2611:
In Which case I better make sure the Tivo traffic ends up hitting VM's network directly.

Going to have an L2TP to AAISP to keep my static IP/IPv6's, Moving somewhere where the options were VM or ADSL2+ and the cabling for VM was already in.

Might still end up with an ADSL2+ line if the latency on VM end up being poor.

As I have said before, whilst her intenret is "meh" the tivo and especially Netflix is dam dam fast. From home page to watching House of Cards which is UHD - 9 seconds. including the Netflix loading time

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 10-Feb-17 19:34:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to