User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User markieb
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-19 11:38:53
Print Post

Virgin Media Business Fixed IP not fit for purpose!

[link to this post]

So! after persevering for around two years now, I have literally given up on my Virgin Media Business 350 Mbps fixed IP connection.

I've had to open half a dozen tickets for the same fault (constant disconnects) over the past month. I've had 4 technicians visit, and I've had my modem replaced, but the constant random disconnects persist.

The most recent disconnect was at 00:05 this morning and the modem did not reconnect until I physically rebooted it myself at 11am this morning. So, my Business line was physically DOWN for 11 hours until I manually rebooted it.

Virgin Keep insisting that there is nothing wrong with my line, though have refused to replace the modem again because they feel it's was replaced two months ago so doesn't need replacing again.

Before the latest spate of disconnects, I suffered from constant packet loss and high latency. Shortly after them fixing that, the disconnects started.

Their faults department seem to be numbers driven so constantly close tickets a day or two later even though I still have issues. I keep asking them to keep the tickets open while I evaluate the effectiveness of the latest Technicians visit, but a day or two later the ticket is closed.
They then insist that once a ticket is closed it canít be reopened and so another ticket number is issued and I have to go through the entire process of explaining the fault again.

Infuriatingly, the latest technician decided that he felt I'd have to just get used to the constant disconnects because that's just how it is, or I should look at installing a dedicated line!
That is not the sort of technical solution I was expecting.
I've also had them refuse to upgrade me to the latest firmware, because they say VOIP and VPN traffic is broken by the latest firmware update!

So even though I resigned myself to the fact that with the GRE tunnel implementation for the fixed IP's, I will never achieve the full speeds I'm paying for, having put up with months of packet loss and high latency, the recent constant random disconnects means that I am paying for a service that I cannot use reliably, and have had to banish it to being my backup line instead of the main line it was installed as.

At the end of my tether I finally rang up Cancellations last week Thursday.
After being bounced about between several people and spending almost an hour on the phone with them, I was told that someone from Cancellations / Retentions would be in touch. I have heard nothing yet!

To say I'm not surprised is an understatement, because this is exactly the kind of service I have come to expect from Virgin Media Business frown

Edited by markieb (Tue 16-Jul-19 11:43:54)

Standard User netizen_uk
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 12:51:14
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Business Fixed IP not fit for purpose!

[re: markieb] [link to this post]

I seriously think a petition for replacement with custom-tailored DIA lines is in order under the circumstances !!!

Read here >
https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/462...
Standard User markieb
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 14:17:46
Print Post

[re: netizen_uk] [link to this post]

I really do wish that was an option.

It's now a week and I've still had nobody from cancellations / retentions call me back.
But as you say, billing works perfectly, I just got an invoice for another month through today frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User netizen_uk
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 15:47:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by markieb:
I really do wish that was an option.

It's now a week and I've still had nobody from cancellations / retentions call me back.
But as you say, billing works perfectly, I just got an invoice for another month through today frown

Of course it will never be "an option". Why should they give such a good product (DIA) to VOOM customers? Hence the petition needed!

If one doesn't requests/demands one will never get!
Standard User CSS_1978
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 18:47:36
Print Post

What firmware is your hitron modem on ?

if your on 4.5.10.192-CD-UPC then you should ask them to roll you back to 4.5.10.173-UPC, I had the same issues on 192, it took me about 3 weeks to get someone from there firmware dev team in the UK to roll me back but after many complaints and not giving up I got there and although 'm on V500 and the performance isn't the same and V350 it's 100% sable.

Virgin Media Business VOOM 500 + 13 Static IP's
BT Business VDSL 80/20(sync speed 50/13) + 5 Static IP's

Edited by CSS_1978 (Thu 18-Jul-19 18:53:55)

Standard User markieb
(newbie) Mon 22-Jul-19 08:29:36
Print Post

[re: CSS_1978] [link to this post]

I'm still on 173.
They have already said they weren't going to update me to 192 because it breaks more than it fixes. But they still rolled it out to the masses... Go figure.

It's now more than a week and nobody has contacted me back from Cancellations/retentions, and the disconnects persist. Some days are more than 6 disconnects a day. How is that supposed to be Reliable? Every advert Virginmedia Business have pushed out is saying their service is FAST & RELIABLE. Neither of which I have experienced on my business 350 service frown
Standard User markieb
(newbie) Thu 25-Jul-19 12:43:44
Print Post

So, after waiting two weeks for someone in Cancellations to follow up and complete my cancellation process, I called today to find out what's going on, only to be told that my cancellation request was cancelled due to non cantact. They had my landline, mobile numbers and my email address, I had no missed calls or voice mails from them.
This is just typical of the service I have received from them throughout my entire contract!
  Print Thread

Jump to