User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mgaidia
(newbie) Thu 13-Feb-20 18:32:24
Print Post

VM expansion

[link to this post]

I recently moved to a new house, every neighbourhood around us has access to VM's network but we don't.
The virgin media checker does not return anything other than we are not eligible. called VM customer support and I was told they are not planning on expanding to my street any time soon, however I received this from the county council:
"We have had confirmation that DWH are in advanced negotiations with Virgin Media with regard to connecting them to the agreed infrastructure."

FYI: DWH is the house builder. Their local rep told us HQ deals with broadband and he can't reach them to confirm :/

I am not sure who to believe or how to confirm.
Any advice is more than welcome.
Standard User CarlTSpeak
(member) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:19:06
Print Post

Re: VM expansion

[re: mgaidia] [link to this post]

Right.

DWH might be in negotiation with Virgin Media over new build but given your street is already in place it's unlikely.

If the pavements and roads haven't had their final work over prior to adoption by the council you might be in with a shot. Otherwise don't hold your breath.

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Feb-20 15:02:30
Print Post

Re: VM expansion

[re: mgaidia] [link to this post]

What Carl said.

If your new build development is complete and the pavements are finished and newly tarmac'd then there's not much hope of Virgin digging it up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to