User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 19-Jul-20 09:44:38
Print Post

Hub 4 Not Showing Router Status Page

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am having issue with the Hub 4 that I just received on Friday (17/07/20) where when I get to the root page (192.168.0.1) and click on the "Check router status" link it displays the following:

Hub 4 Router Status Page

I have tried in multiple browser including Edge, Firefox & Chrome (all up-to-date security-wise). This is happening on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. Can anyone tell me what is going on? When I had the Hub 3.0 I could easily see the status page but now I can't. Shall I ask for a replacement?

Thanks,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 735.08 Mbps Down & 36.29 Mbps Up (according to Speed test on XBox 28/03/20)
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sun 19-Jul-20 14:01:48
Print Post

Re: Hub 4 Not Showing Router Status Page

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

At the risk of sounding too obvious, Re boot, if still not visible a full Re set.

Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 19-Jul-20 14:17:37
Print Post

[re: Brunel] [link to this post]

Hi,

I've done all that already....I'm loathed to reset as the Hub 4 has been customised with all my security measures and I don't really want to have to re-do it unless I ABSOLUTELY have to...

Yours,

Mark King MCP
Virginmedia 735.08 Mbps Down & 36.29 Mbps Up (according to Speed test on XBox 28/03/20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Jul-20 14:19:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by mking90031:
I've done all that already....I'm loathed to reset as the Hub 4 has been customised with all my security measures and I don't really want to have to re-do it unless I ABSOLUTELY have to...

Are you on Gig1 ? I read there are quite a few bugs in the Hub 4 software, which you may have found frown

Perhaps a reason to use a separate router, and set the Hub to modem mode?

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 19-Jul-20 18:52:55
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Hi,

Not yet. Looking to upgrade. Got a free upgrade from Hub 3 to 4. Saved me £35!

HTH,

Mark King MCP
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jul-20 21:20:24
Print Post

It's a firmware bug with latest firmware, you have to login and go to tools and network status to view the page until it is fixed, its affects both router mode and modem mode.

Matt - Using Huawei B535-323 on EE Unlimited

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
Standard User jamesmacwhite
(newbie) Mon 20-Jul-20 07:26:15
Print Post

Hi,

Not yet. Looking to upgrade. Got a free upgrade from Hub 3 to 4. Saved me £35!

HTH,

Slightly off topic, but how did you get an upgrade to the Hub4, did Virgin Media approach you? I heard they were doing this, but only for "certain areas". Are you in a Gig1 area currently?
Standard User mking90031
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-20 07:57:32
Print Post

[re: jamesmacwhite] [link to this post]

Hi,

Yeah they called me. At first I thought it was a spam call as I didn't recognise the number. I am in a Gig 1 area and was looking to upgrade as a) I would like something fast in life & I can't afford a supersonic jet fighter & b) there is no one else (in my area for the moment) that does 1 Gig broadband.

Yours,

Mark King MCP
Standard User jamesmacwhite
(newbie) Mon 20-Jul-20 08:03:55
Print Post

Hi,

Yeah they called me. At first I thought it was a spam call as I didn't recognise the number. I am in a Gig 1 area and was looking to upgrade as a) I would like something fast in life & I can't afford a supersonic jet fighter & b) there is no one else (in my area for the moment) that does 1 Gig broadband.

Yours,

Interesting, thanks for sharing that info. I'm guessing you were possibly already on the 500M package so likely seen as a good candidate by Virgin Media for an upgrade or move to Gig1 in the near future. I had heard they had been calling certain customers for Hub4 upgrades.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jul-20 10:08:04
Print Post

[re: jamesmacwhite] [link to this post]

Probably trying to balance out the networks, I had Gig 1 for a couple months but decided not for me, faster upload would of sold it but for now I'm back down to M350 and soon taking that down to M100..

Still got Hub 4 but not overly impressed with it, been running in modem mode since yesterday so will see if issues still exist on the modem.

Matt - Using Huawei B535-323 on EE Unlimited

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
  Print Thread

Jump to