User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 30-Nov-20 00:31:29
Print Post

Re: Is VM Coming?.

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Yeah I assumed that to be fair, it was just a bit of pot luck really asking them if they knew anything else, wouldn’t exactly say it’s a mistake by asking, to be honest what other avenues are there to find out more information, it’s very slim really, calling virgin media I doubt you’d get anymore out of them than I got out of the guys on the streets, just would be nice to know why they are so minimal in what they are doing and why they are not all over the town like cityfibre are, I’m guessing though that they will do area by area that’s all I can think of, the town is Lowestoft.
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Nov-20 10:19:08
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

The mistake is that you'd have idea whether what told you was genuine information, unless you' manage to speak to a surveyor or project manager.

Looking on the one network it does indeed look like a roll out for that area, may be they are just short on suitable contractors especially with City Fibre roll lout.

Standard User gary333
(experienced) Mon 30-Nov-20 10:29:09
Print Post

My borther works for a contractor who installs both Virgin Media and CityFibre. Maybe the contractors are just making easier for themselves and doing the work around the same time. Saves time in hotels for the workers that way smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 30-Nov-20 22:29:30
Print Post

Yeah I did try and speak to a project manager but there wasn’t one there I don’t think but like I said they didn’t speak great English as well which didn’t help at all, but like the other poster said apparently contractors do the work for virgin media and cityfibre so maybe virgin media are gonna go over where cityfibre have been but I don’t know, ain’t a clue how it all works, thanks for having a look though to be fair there have been a few more roads added from when I last looked, I’m just quite concerned that when you change it to 12 months there isn’t any other signs of virgin media in the area, but like you say maybe they are short on contractors at the minute with cityfibre rolling out heavy in the area, so from what you seen on the one networks site would you definitely say virgin media are rolling out their network here?.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 30-Nov-20 22:30:36
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Yes maybe it’s just strange how cityfibre are literally everywhere yet virgin media are only doing a small area at the moment.
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Dec-20 10:16:30
Print Post

From what I've seen I would say there is certainly a VM rollout, some of the existing roadworks appear to be a dead streets, and they cover quite a big area so in my limited opinion I think it's more than just a single line for a one off customer.

Don't forget very few road works will be planned 12 months in advance, especially ones which are likely to change - it costs money to apply for roadworks permits.

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Tue 01-Dec-20 12:34:46
Print Post

Yeah exactly what I think then that it has to be a VM rollout just was concerned about the limited roads they are doing but like you say they might just not be showing on one networks at the moment, I think it’s because there is so much activity with cityfibre as they are rolling out their services here I am expecting VM to be the same as in activity wise, cause surely if VM are bringing services to the town like cityfibre are then the activity should be the same, but again maybe contractors are limited at the minute for VM or maybe they just haven’t planned the next area, I guess I’ll have to keep an eye on it and see how it all progresses, hopefully they start showing more activity in a wider area than just the select small area they are in at the moment.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 08-Jan-21 21:07:37
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

It seems parts of my town are offering virgin media services now, just not the area I am in, hopefully as they are new to the town they eventually get to my part of the town what’s the chances of this happening, I know there new to the town so will take time to cover it, it’s just annoying when my sister can get the services now but me who lives 5 mins in the car from her can’t get it, I’m hoping to see them digging up roads near me very soon. 😂🤞
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 09-Jan-21 13:01:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by tomxlisa:
It seems parts of my town are offering virgin media services now, just not the area I am in, hopefully as they are new to the town they eventually get to my part of the town what’s the chances of this happening, I know there new to the town so will take time to cover it, it’s just annoying when my sister can get the services now but me who lives 5 mins in the car from her can’t get it, I’m hoping to see them digging up roads near me very soon. 😂🤞

In my area they started at 1 end of the town and worked their way across to the other end.

It was split in 2, with only half the town appearing on the roadworks website.

Once the 1st half was nearing completion and already accepting orders for most, Virgin then listed the 2nd half on the roadworks site.
There was 6-12 months between the 2 halves of the town being able to order.

Check the one.network website to see if they have roadworks planned in your street.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 09-Jan-21 16:24:11
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Cheers for the reply, yeah I’ve been keeping a eye on the road works website and nothing showing in my area right now, all the works are happening on one estate and in the centre of town, that seems to be the only places it’s showing on the road works site at the moment, surely virgin will cover the entire town eventually though as it doesn’t make good business sense not to surely, it’s just annoying as I’ve been waiting 15 years for virgin to come to my town and it’s just my luck that they start building where I don’t live, my 2 sisters can get the services now but there not interested as they have just signed contracts with current provider yet I want it and I can’t get, typical hey.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sat 09-Jan-21 16:26:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to