User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PhotoFiend
(regular) Fri 20-Nov-20 23:35:12
Print Post

Any advice on how to get the best deal?

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

I'm rather excited to be saying that I'll soon be able to get VM and will be fortunate enough to be able to get the 500/36 service, vs my 22/6 that I have at the moment!

I wondered if anyone had any advice on a good way of getting the best price as a new customer.

I'm not interested in the TV or phone service, just the internet and possibly sim plan.

I was watching the deals they had before the Black Friday offers and was holding off thinking I could get something better, but I'm pretty sure they are worse now Black Friday has launched.

Before B.F. I'm sure they were offering 500/36 with an unlimited data sim contract either included with the price or for a silly low extra amount.

I can't see that offer now, so I'm wondering if they are actually selling less of a service but under the B.F. banner and if so, if there was any way of getting a better deal.

I'm going to use a cashback site for a start, but I wondered if it was worth ringing up and seeing what they can do....is haggling usually a successful endeavour with VM?

Thanks!
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 04:41:00
Print Post

Re: Any advice on how to get the best deal?

[re: PhotoFiend] [link to this post]

I just renewed my contract with VM and from what I was told on the phone, you might be able to get M500 and a sim plan for around £45 give or take a few quid.

M500 on its own for around £43

They don't budge well on price, well not for me at any rate!

Virgin Media
Connection Speed: DL: 575Mbps UL: 38.5Mbps
Speed test: 550Mbps DL
Standard User ImranQ
(regular) Sun 22-Nov-20 19:10:04
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

I'm on M350. Was paying £45 but min contract has now expired and I'm on £67 per month. How did you renew a contract? £43/45 is [censored] good for M500/+sim!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ashdown
(learned) Sun 22-Nov-20 19:20:35
Print Post

[re: ImranQ] [link to this post]

My experience is a couple of years old now but I always used to call them each time a contract expired and tell them I was thinking of leaving. On a few occasions, I had to give them notice. They always offered a new contract on at least as good terms as being offerered to new customers. I left VM in the end because I was fed up with their regular price rises and the frequent need to renegotiate.

The worst thing you can do is just accept whatever "out-of-contract" price they decide to put you on.
Standard User BuckleZ
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Nov-20 19:29:07
Print Post

The CEO/Exec team always sort me out, I'm on 1gig with weekend phone for £54

New customers should use TopCashBack or something similar.

Edited by BuckleZ (Sun 22-Nov-20 19:29:39)

Standard User simonhunter87
(newbie) Sun 22-Nov-20 21:00:12
Print Post

it also seems to be you have to get as far as saying "ok cancel it then" before they offer you a good deal. for:
- 100Mbps
- Mix TV
- Phone line with whatever mins included (dont use it dont know)

they said it would be like £65pm. i call ed up and they said they could do £60pm. i said i'd leave and at the last min they gave me it for £31pm.
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Mon 23-Nov-20 10:53:22
Print Post

Is there no Black Friday deals at the moment.?

BTBroadband
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-20 13:31:12
Print Post

[re: ImranQ] [link to this post]

I'm on M350 and paying £37, no phone or TV. Last time my contract ended I had to give 30 days notice to cancel, that was almost up when I finally got a decent offer, all other methods failed.

For a new sign up see how much cash back you can get from Quidco or Top Cash Back.

Standard User ImranQ
(regular) Mon 23-Nov-20 15:12:10
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Yep its all psychology. I was thinking that I would just phone to cancel my internet rather than try to negotiate saying i have a better offer. That way they will be more inclined to offer if they know they are about to lose a paying customer. If you try to negotiate, they know the person wants to stay but is trying it on.
Standard User ImranQ
(regular) Mon 23-Nov-20 15:18:40
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

CEO/Exec team? Say what? Please elaborate how i can become friends with them too laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to