User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mr_Mojo_Risin
(learned) Mon 15-Apr-19 14:23:18
Print Post

30 Day get out of Gaol

[link to this post]

With Vodafone since 09-04-19 so still under DLM initial phase....supposed to be on Superfast 2....day time the fastest sync up to now is 36.6mbps....speed test day time is 33.5mbps....but of an evening this goes down to 09-15mbps....not acceptable!!!
I've read quite a few posts and this congestion of an evening seems to be a regular thing with Vodafone....so I'm leaving before my 30 days is up, My question is...do I inform Vodafone that I intend to leave then find an other supplier or sign up with the other supplier and then inform Vodafone, I don't want to risk being without internet/ phone...anyone been through this?....any suggestions?

Death makes angels of us all....
And gives us wings where once
We had shoulders smooth as
Raven's claws......
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Apr-19 14:26:39
Print Post

Re: 30 Day get out of Gaol

[re: Mr_Mojo_Risin] [link to this post]

Repeat after me, there is no DLM initial phase that lasts 6 days, DLM is a constant, i.e. always running

You need to provide an operator an opportunity to fix the congestion or them agreeing to letting you go. Otherwise people would keep hoping provider every 25 days and getting the various signup gifts.

Typed an N instead of a M

Edited by MrSaffron (Mon 15-Apr-19 16:05:45)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Mon 15-Apr-19 14:33:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Repeat after me....its not DLN it's DLM!.....Thanks for your helpful reply....If you actually read this board and others like it instead of trying to be a smart alec then you'd see there are plenty of people who rue the day they didn't move on during their 30 day cooling off period Vodafone offer.....No wonder I haven't bothered with this site for years.....

Raven's claws......

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Apr-19 16:12:33
Print Post

In your case the DLM part is irrelevant, and have corrected my typo apologies for that.

Back to the topic, if you want to move on during the 30 day cooling period then you need to inform them so that the clock can start ticking and to find out where to return the broadband hardware to.

The mechanism of moving elsewhere is going to be a migration, so Vodafone should in theory get notified of you leaving, but there is a chance this might arrive after the end of the 30 day period, hence contacting them and they are likely to want to take you through some hoops in terms of testing things before leaving.

7.3. If you want to end the Agreement:

(a) Because you simply want to leave us.

Changing your mind - If you have changed your mind, you can cancel your order by contacting us within 30 days of your Service Activation Date (“cooling off period”). We will refund all payments received from you including costs of delivery of equipment but excluding installation costs (see below). You will need to return any equipment provided to you as stated above. Where we have started to provide the service before the end of the 30-day cancellation period you must pay for any service you have already received.

From https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/cons...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Mon 15-Apr-19 18:17:58
Print Post

I went on chat and told them that I was leaving under the 30 day period, then initiated a moved elsewhere. I believe you have to be migrated out by day 30, so not much time to trial the service before making a decision. They didn't ask for my router back, but there is supposed to be an envelope in the box, or they will send one out.

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
(learned) Tue 16-Apr-19 12:49:14
Print Post

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Discus, I'll initiate a "chat" after the long weekend....

Raven's claws......
(learned) Tue 23-Apr-19 14:28:32
Print Post

A bit of advice, Don't what ever you do call them and tell them you intend to leave under the 30 day policy, That's what I did thinking I was being courteous to Vodafone, I then signed up to a new provider only to be emailed by them this morning to be told they can't take over my line as Vodafone have issued a "Cease Line Order" on my phone line and my new provider can't do anything until this is removed or instigated, Phoned Vodafone to get it removed...and they can't apparently as it's gone too far along!!!!, What If I'd changed my mind? now I'm going to be without a phoneline/ broadband for at least 2 weeks and I'll probably lose my phone number I've had for 25 years....
Lesson, don't inform Vodafone, just do a normal transfer....I only instigated the transfer on Saturday too...feels like a bit of a vendetta from Vodafone....I only got the If you've changed your mind call us on...email on Sunday.....

Raven's claws......
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Apr-19 15:03:37
Print Post

Stick in a complaint to Ofcom, they are not meant to do a cease as this is penalising those exercising the guarantee

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 23-Apr-19 16:26:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mr_Mojo_Risin:
just do a normal transfer

If you do a normal transfer, i.e. one where you don't tell the provider, inside a minimum term, you would be charged the remainder of the contract. It is obligatory to inform them what right you are exercising under the T&C in advance to avoid penalty fees.

That said, if you made it absolutely clear you are migrating to a new provider, as opposed to using vague language like "I would like to cancel the contract", then Vodafone are in the wrong.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to