User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sgreszcz
(newbie) Sun 07-Jul-19 20:26:41
Print Post

Problem with Vodafone sync speeds after renewal

[link to this post]

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I recently renewed my contract with Vodafone after 18 months of great service, no outages, and good speed.

After negotiating a new price I was hooked up again (for some reason Vodafone had to make a new connection), I've unfortunately had a few outages, and now very bad sync speeds. Before I was able to sync and receive speeds of nearly 80 down and 20 up.

Now on the new connection I seem to be only syncing at around 67 Mbps down and 8 Mbps up. This is with the Vodafone router and also with the new Draytek I bought (for QoS, better stats/monitoring).

From the Draytek stats, I should be able to get better connection speeds, no? I've changed nothing with my connection and although I was sent a new modem from Vodafone, I didn't even change the old one out.

Line Statistics

Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate 66997 Kbps 8495 Kbps
Attainable Rate 73870 Kbps 27468 Kbps
Path Mode Fast Fast
Interleave Depth 1 1
Actual PSD 1. 9 dB 12. 6 dB
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Jul-19 22:12:14
Print Post

Re: Problem with Vodafone sync speeds after renewal

[re: sgreszcz] [link to this post]

At a guess, the redoing of the contract has wiped your settings back to ‘out of the box’

Stability for a few days should see DLM start to tweak things and your speed etc return.

Sit tight

Standard User sgreszcz
(newbie) Sun 07-Jul-19 22:46:29
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Recently I've also been powering down my modem at night. I'm planning on wiring some CAT6, but for now my home network connects to the modem with Ethernet over Power adaptor, and the flashing LEDs are crazy. Do you think that the nightly powerdown has affected my DLM?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Jul-19 23:14:42
Print Post

[re: sgreszcz] [link to this post]

Overnight might not be helping it see a really stable line and the power line units do sometimes cause issues with VDSL2

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to