User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Wed 31-Jul-19 18:38:31
Print Post

Thanks vodafone!

[link to this post]

Hi there first post for a long time smile

I moved to vodafone from plusnet in february and a month ago i had an issue with my phone.

This was fixed next day by an openreach engineer who replaced the bt faceplate. 1 hour after the openreach guy left i got a call from vodafone support asking if the phone was better i said yes its perfect now so guy says ok ill just run a quick test .....

2 mins later he says i am below my minimum speed garuntee of 73meg, I had 67meg for over 2 years and plusnet said nothing

anyway next day i again had the same openreach guy knock on the door, i explained about having the speeds for years and was happy and said he will probably find nothing,, 2 hours later he phoned me and asked me restart the router as he fixed a "fault"

well im now back to 80/20 sync like i was on the first day of having FTTC (i am litterally 25 metres from the cabinet). I was very surprised at also seeing my snrm now sitting at 9db down and 15db up where they were both 6db

so well done to vodafone and i also got 8 pounds off the bill for a few months too

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2

70.26 Meg sync
BT Smart Hub (HH6)
Standard User mbames
(committed) Sun 04-Aug-19 10:45:58
Print Post

Re: Thanks vodafone!

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

Think you got lucky there.

VF customer services (based on the rants on facebook) seem to be going downhill, especially since they seemed to move all the call centres out of the UK.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User boathouse
(newbie) Mon 06-Jan-20 17:58:24
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
Think you got lucky there.

VF customer services (based on the rants on facebook) seem to be going downhill, especially since they seemed to move all the call centres out of the UK.

I am looking around for new supplier and VF is on my list, post above i thought great, then yours, its never straight forward is it.

Edited by boathouse (Mon 06-Jan-20 17:59:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jan-20 16:03:28
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

Generally speaking i found vodafone not great to deal with in the past for my mobile services but since i now have FTTP there is less likely to be faults so hopefully i won't need to contact them haha.

Edited by epyon (Tue 07-Jan-20 16:03:55)

Standard User Ad3M
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-20 17:56:21
Print Post

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

Hi all, first post on here and thought I would use it to share my experience of Vodafone with you!

It is very positive really!

I have been with them for 12 months and I have Fibre currently syncing at 72Mbps (line capable of 76Mbps).
Last month I got fed up of repeated disconnections and the speed had dropped to 58.
So at 8:45pm on a wednesday night, week before christmas, I got on the live chat to Vodafone Technical.
They carried out some tests and said there was a fault on the line. My details were then apparently passed to Tier 2 Technical. Next Morning, just before 10am, had a phonecal "Hi It's the Openreach Engineer, I'll be with you in 15 mins!"
I nearly fell over!
Openereach Engineer carried out his tests in the house and said no issues in the master or wiring into house, so I could go out. He would ring me when done.
Then his supervisor turned up, not sure what for, but he gave me a Mince Pie!
I got a phone call at 2pm from the engineer saying he had finished. There is an underground fault between house and cabinet. He said that he had swapped me onto another line because they would need to dig up the road to fix my particular one! He said it was running at 70 and was stable.
Well its risen slightly since as now get 72, so he's done a good job there!
Not heard from Vodafone since, but my bill has been discounted.
I also have another example...
My Girlfriend also has Vodafone Fibre, but only the 35Mbps one.
She was so impressed by the speed at which mine was fixed she contacted them about hers.
Again they said there was a fault and would pass to Tier 2 Technical Support.
Next day "SATURDAY" Openreach were out and tried to fix it.
The fault is still there, but it is down to Openreach now, not Vodafone.

So in summary, I have to say from my own experience, Vodafone are actually the best provider that I have ever had.
Everyone's experience is different but from what I've seen they really have upped their game!

And no I am not affiliated in any way with them!

PS tried to remove the italic font after the quote, but cant do it! sorry about that

Ade
Standard User mrmarktigger
(regular) Thu 09-Jan-20 07:07:19
Print Post

[re: boathouse] [link to this post]

My experience with them was similar to most of the reviews they have received on trustpilot:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vodafone.co.uk
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jan-20 16:21:17
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

85% poor

wow lol

(regular) Thu 09-Jan-20 18:38:10
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Look again... 85% Bad , with 9,288 Reviews and counting up by several a Day...

I never had any problems with Freeserve... It worked perfectly and faultlessly every time... hahaha

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Edited by mrmarktigger (Thu 09-Jan-20 18:51:05)

Standard User MoM
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-20 19:11:49
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

Dixons freeserve now you going back a few years
(regular) Thu 09-Jan-20 19:20:46
Print Post

[re: MoM] [link to this post]

Indeed! smile But it did work perfectly and seamlessly smile And before that it was the local Library hahaha

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to