User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User charlestown
(regular) Sat 31-Aug-19 09:35:56
Print Post

New Vodafone router

[link to this post]

I renewed my Vodafone contract a couple days ago and Vodafone sent out a new Vox 3 router to replace the frequently maligned older model. It won't win any style awards, however the set up was fairly straightforward and it seems to work OK.

There are a lot of error messages in the event logs under the errors tab, but many don't seem like actual errors e.g "User successfully logged in to UI from LAN".

CPU usage is down at 0% or 1%, while memory usage is at 62%. It lists minimum sync speed over wi-fi at 866mbps with a maximum of 2 Gbps on 5GHz. It looks like 144mbps is reserved for 2.4GHz.

Apparently this router has been available for a couple weeks now and I'm slightly surprised not to have read any reviews or feedback online. Does anybody have any further information or thoughts? General speed has been good with no dropouts on 5GHz.
Standard User thar
(experienced) Sat 31-Aug-19 21:06:16
Print Post

Re: New Vodafone router

[re: charlestown] [link to this post]

I placed an order with Voda last week and am due to switch near the end of September. I'm also interested to hear any feedback on the Vox 3 after hearing bad things about the previous bundled router.

be* -> May 2013 BT Infinity 2 IP Profile 77.44 Mbps -> November 2013 plusnet unlimited fibre IP Profile 70.91 Mbps
Standard User charlestown
(regular) Sat 31-Aug-19 22:47:51
Print Post

[re: thar] [link to this post]

The old router performed well enough for me and no worse than an Asus I have. I suspect some of those having problems were simply overloading it with lots of devices in large properties. Free ISP provided routers are never likely to be world beaters, however Vodafone are well aware of the previous complaints and the new router is supposed to be an improvement. The build quality feels a bit cheap, but it works well enough so far.

Over the last 18 months Vodafone has been pretty reliable for me in stark contrast with my previous ISP Cloudscape. BT were a little more consistent with the speeds, but more expensive and a pain to deal with. The only time I found myself frustrated with the performance was during the World Cup last year when the entire world was streaming matches and speeds definitely dipped during the big matches.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 31-Aug-19 23:15:13
Print Post

[re: charlestown] [link to this post]

Ordered in early August and got the old router a couple of days ago

Now TV 27/3
  Print Thread

Jump to