User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Sun 05-Jan-20 13:29:42
Print Post

Re: Sign up error failed to identify identity /credit check!

[re: BLaZiNgSPEED] [link to this post]

A different deal, but I ordered via Quidco on Boxing Day without issue.

Cashback tracked the same-day. Received the Router last Sunday via DPD, welcome letter arrived in this Tuesdays post and my service goes live Monday 13th Jan.

Edited by Davey_H (Sun 05-Jan-20 13:34:19)

Standard User BLaZiNgSPEED
(member) Fri 17-Jan-20 13:23:27
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

Credit check passed with TalkTalk.

Last night I signed up to TalkTalk on a 24 month contract for £21.95 for 67 Mb/s a month with free telephone line installation as I needed new VDSL Faceplate anyway.

This was performed via support chat.

Modleen: I will need to perform an external credit check under your name. Do you allow me to do so?

After giving my details...

Modleen: Credit check passed - We may contact you if we require any further information.

So as we can see here there is nothing wrong with my credit check. The problem is indeed with Vodafone. As I submitted the exact same details via chat that I did when I tried the same application via Vodafone. Vodafone could not tell me why I failed the credit check but simply told me that it was going to be uplifted in April 3rd.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jan-20 21:02:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by BLaZiNgSPEED:
So as we can see here there is nothing wrong with my credit check. The problem is indeed with Vodafone. As I submitted the exact same details via chat that I did when I tried the same application via Vodafone. Vodafone could not tell me why I failed the credit check but simply told me that it was going to be uplifted in April 3rd.

Every company has different criteria for their checks and the results they get. What is fine for one, might not be for another.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Fri 17-Jan-20 22:52:03
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

For example, Transunion UK are one of the businesses that maintains credit score records for business to access. They have an agreement with a company called Credit Karma to allow personal checking of a credit score.

This is from the Credit Karma web-site (https://www.creditkarma.co.uk/f-a-q);

"Every credit reference agency (CRA) has a unique way of calculating and displaying your credit score, so thereís no way of directly comparing them. Thereís no industry standard or one size fits all and thatís why itís often recommended to use more than one CRA when checking your credit score to get a view on how each agency rates you.

"The score shown on Credit Karma, which is provided by the credit reference agency TransUnion UK, is out of 710 but some other credit reference agencies may score out of 999, for example.

"At Credit Karma we donít lower your score or change the information we receive from TransUnion UK in any way. Itís of the utmost importance to us to make sure weíre presenting the data we receive from TransUnion UK accurately. Plus, weíre regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Information Commissionerís Office (ICO) who hold us to the highest standards."

No doubt the other agencies will carry similar disclaimers.
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Jan-20 23:51:41
Print Post

As said by matt

its different for many companies

years ago i tried to get a contract phone and got one with vodafone with no deposit but o2 wanted £250 so yeah really depends.

Vodafone FTTP - 500/500
VOXI - 4G

BSc (Hons) Cyber Security
Standard User BLaZiNgSPEED
(member) Tue 21-Jan-20 02:53:25
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

However different this may be, it is obviously affecting thousands of customers!

Guess what now? Broadband Genie/ Money Saving Expert are offering £120 voucher gift card.

This increase from £100 to £120 does smell fishy to me. It seems like many people are having difficulty signing up, but Vodafone are completely unaware that their credit check is failing thousands of customers. They want to attract the customers with these gift cards, but it's still not working to convince the customers signing up because their system is broken!

With offers like these they should've achieved a million subscribers by now. But surely 667,000 subscribers does not give them a very good reputation and the 85% negative feedback on trustpilot.

Overall Satisfaction is, worse than TalkTalk including reliability. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare?isp_22=1...
Standard User RB291
(regular) Wed 18-Mar-20 03:05:22
Print Post

I spent more than two hours trying to sign up with Vodafone today (via uswitch for a £100 voucher).

Got right to the end and was told the credit check failed. I called vodafone and in the process of trying to identify me I was told I already had an account having bought a phone from them 5 years ago (just phone no contract). The guy said having two accounts for the same name/address would cause a credit check failure - dumb and dumb that it doesn't tell you that is the problem.

He offered to sign up over the phone and I have to point out that would invalidate the £100 uswitch voucher. Then he says the offer is only new customers so I wouldn't get it anyway.

He gave me the old account number and I managed to request a password reset (because I had never set a password) and logged in and 'activated' the account 5 years after it was created.

I then went back and read the uswitch conditions which didn't say new customers in fact it offered a discount for existing mobile customers, but, I called uswitch anyway and wasted some more time to be told I need to confirm with vodafone. So I call vodafone again and this time another guy says it isn't just for new customers just not for broadband upgrading customers.

So I try signing up again using the old and now activated account and this time I couldn't get past the confirm billing address stage the continue button just not doing anything. I then spend about half an hour on online chat trying to checkout to eventually be told by a second CS rep that some server was undergoing maintenance and that I should clear all cookies and try again later. I had to ask how much later and was told 24 or 48 hours. I don't yet know if the failed credit check was caused by trying to create another account with same name and address.

Having had a taste of what vodafone has to offer I don't know if I will bother trying again. What a shambles.
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Mar-20 10:28:02
Print Post

[re: RB291] [link to this post]

Sounds like a nightmare i ended up signing up instore as anything online seems impossible haha.

Standard User RB291
(regular) Wed 18-Mar-20 14:39:45
Print Post

[re: RB291] [link to this post]

Vodafone is such a shambles a £100 voucher for having to deal with them isn't worth the money.

I tried going through the process again. I logged into my account but the checkout page tells me to log in for quick checkout (and if I don't it is going to try to create another account which is probably why the credit check failed 1st time).

When I click on the log in link in the checkout page (despite already being logged in) it asks for user/pass and entering those it tells me it is going to send a 2FA code to my landline which is the only number associated with the account and the BT SMS assistant tries to pronounce the alphanumeric code as a word rendering it unintelligible 4/5ths of the time (utterly moronic sending alphanumeric 2FA codes as SMS to a landline). On top of that their web site just times out after a while saying try again without ever letting me try to enter the code. Online chat about the issue was useless as ever suggesting I log in using a different browser or incognito mode (I don't keep cookies the problem wasn't caused by any left over ones).

I give up. I don't want anything to do with vodafone ever again.

Edited by RB291 (Wed 18-Mar-20 14:41:09)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to