User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:36:28
Print Post

Gigafast without phone part & FTTP install.

[link to this post]

We are literally a few months or less away from both Vodafone Gigafast & BT FTTP being installed and available to order.
I currently only have a BT phone service, with BT, no broadband as it was a dreadful ADSL service so gave up.
I want to keep my phone number which ive had for ever.
Who do I order what from who, Voda give me a new number or can keep my existing and there is no line rental, BT will I assume just add the FTTP service to my current phone service.
I should point out, I will be getting both services, if thats indeed possible.
If BT get in there first will the voda order stall because of any reason.
Anyone with first hand experience?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Feb-20 23:17:41
Print Post

Re: Gigafast without phone part & FTTP install.

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Gigafast on CityFibre network and BT on Openreach network is possible. Just two installs as two different bits of fibre.

BT will probably move you to digital voice i.e. existing phone number will appear on a phone socket on the BT router.

Vodafone when you order, will do nothing with the existing phone line so long as you don't mention it to them.

As the two services are on different networks assuming you are in a CityFibre city then no stalling.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Wed 12-Feb-20 06:20:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It occurred to me after I posted that if I dont mention any phone number to Vodafone they will just give me a number on their service, which i can just ignore.
I noticed also their top 900Mb service is showing as only £40 a month at the moment, im sure it was £48, thats an absolute bargain for 900Mb up and down. Happy days.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Feb-20 16:34:59
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

After I got Gigaclear FTTP working I ported my landline number to Voipfone. VOIP calls are generally cheaper.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to