User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User EViL3
(regular) Fri 11-Sep-20 00:37:08
Print Post

Recommend a 3rd party Modem or Router with Bridge

[link to this post]

Hi All

I looking for some recommendations for a Modem or Router with Bridge-Mode that plays nicely with Vodafone FTTC/VDSL?

I've searched this forum and found mention of the Vigor 130 and Netgeat DM200, but I was wondering what other options there were.

Many Thanks
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Sep-20 11:18:32
Print Post

Re: Recommend a 3rd party Modem or Router with Bridge

[re: EViL3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by EViL3:
Hi All

I looking for some recommendations for a Modem or Router with Bridge-Mode that plays nicely with Vodafone FTTC/VDSL?

I used a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A from ebay. There is quite a bit about them on the kitz forum. I found to work in bridge mode the priority (802.1p) had to be set to '2'.

Michael Chare
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Fri 11-Sep-20 12:00:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by EViL3:
Hi All

I've searched this forum and found mention of the Vigor 130 and Netgeat DM200, but I was wondering what other options there were.

Many Thanks

I've always had good results with the DrayTek V130

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jamesmacwhite
(newbie) Fri 11-Sep-20 14:32:57
Print Post

Just about to have use DrayTek Vigor 130 with Vodafone myself for a second line I'm having activated next week. From what I've understood, the defaults on the Vigor 130 are fine (it has VLAN tag 101) already and then it's just a case of enabling bridge mode in the settings and that's it. Vodafone helpfully send you the PPPoE info for whatever router is connecting to it.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Fri 11-Sep-20 15:51:47
Print Post

[re: jamesmacwhite] [link to this post]

its in bridge mode by default, all you need to do is plug it in to the line and the wan port of the router.
Standard User jamesmacwhite
(newbie) Fri 11-Sep-20 16:01:48
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Ah, thanks for that. I saw that someone said on the Vodafone forums you should enable MPoA (RFC1483/2684), however if that's not needed I'll switch it back off. I can see the bridge mode tickbox is greyed out but ticked anyway, so I think you're right!

I haven't had the line activated yet, so it's just connected via LAN currently no WAN.
  Print Thread

Jump to