User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Tue 29-Sep-20 08:41:13
Print Post

House Move - Services Not Avaiable?

[link to this post]

Currently on FFTC with Vodafone. Moving and postcode checker says I can't get their services there. Other Openreach providers are available as is VM.

How do I stand with my 24 month contract with Vodafone?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Sep-20 11:38:53
Print Post

Re: House Move - Services Not Avaiable?

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

If they cannot provide service at new location then generally that means you are clear of contract.

Odd if others can deliver FTTC that Vodafone cannot.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:04:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by AlistairS:
Currently on FFTC with Vodafone. Moving and postcode checker says I can't get their services there. Other Openreach providers are available as is VM.

How do I stand with my 24 month contract with Vodafone?

can you put your new address on the link below and post the results blanking out your address?

Link

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AlistairS
(member) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:09:17
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
WBC FTTP Up to 1000 Up to 220 -- Available 1 Stage
Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast Available
Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.
ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available. Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered.
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.
In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.
If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:21:32
Print Post

Hardly surprising that VF can't supply you with FTTC at your new address as it appears to be Openreach FTTP only...new build?

However "the Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered" means you might have to wait for a bit before being able to order FTTP from any supplier. Might have to make do with 4G/5G mobile broadband temporarily if signal is decent. Or go with VM.

As Mr S says, Vodafone *should* let you leave penalty free if they can't even supply FTTP at your new address. I think they are offering Openreach FTTP but in just a few areas at present.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Tue 29-Sep-20 12:25:04)

Standard User AlistairS
(member) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:23:35
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Property is 1 year old approx. Current owner is with VM.

Thanks for all the advice
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:31:57
Print Post

The way I read it is that their is an active ONT present so you should be able to order FTTP.

"ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available."

Personally if you are looking for a TV bundle I'd go with Virgin at £89 a month but if your not looking for TV I'd shop around for a FTTP deal
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:36:03
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by danielhyde:
The way I read it is that their is an active ONT present so you should be able to order FTTP.

Personally if you are looking for a TV bundle I'd go with Virgin at £89 a month but if your not looking for TV I'd shop around for a FTTP deal

When I put address into EE it says I can get up to 900.

Just after BB - VM wouldn't give any rentions deal early this year, that's why I am currently with VF.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Tue 29-Sep-20 12:40:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by AlistairS:
In reply to a post by danielhyde:

When I put address into EE it says I can get up to 900.

Just after BB - VM wouldn't give any rentions deal early this year, that's why I am currently with VF.

Yeah what EE is saying is correct.

That's strange about VM I sorted a retention deal for my MiL earlier this year and they did it cheaper than they would for new customers. I was paying £90 a month to sky without broadband and moved to virgin for £89 a month and get more tv channels, an unlimited mobile sim and broadband for less smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Sep-20 13:14:09
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Vodafone does sell the Openreach FTTP service but only in limited areas where it got a special deal.

Details at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8814-vodafone-la...

So if this property is outside those areas then FTTP only explains the issue.

BT, EE, Sky are probably the big names that can supply, search on https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages should show the options, unless its a new build that I've missed - in which case tell me a postcode (privately) and will get it fixed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AyeUp
(learned) Tue 06-Oct-20 10:56:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As services are not available at the new property VF will allow you to be released from your contract without penalty. They will need to see proof of tenancy or ownership for that to happen, you shouldn't be expected to serve the full 30 days notice too.

Regards

JM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to