User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mbames
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 15:37:05
Print Post

Re: VF in Bristol

[re: EAEA] [link to this post]

They tend not to send the routers out too early, incase the customer cancels and then there is the issue of returning the router (or you'd most likely get charged for it if it wasn't returned).

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Nov-20 11:52:49
Print Post

My last 3 ISP's have all (deliberately) timed my router arrival for the day before service was activated.
That was BT, Plusnet and Virgin.

I'd be very surprised if they dispatched the router 2 weeks before your activation date in December
Standard User EAEA
(newbie) Sun 22-Nov-20 18:52:19
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

That’s useful to know. Installation is due Monday week, so hopefully I’ll see something soon the .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flilot
(member) Tue 24-Nov-20 15:07:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by EAEA:
I have an installation date in early Dec - it’s now a week since this second order and the status page still shows that the router hasn’t been dispatched.

My Gigafast router arrived the week of my install, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Carl
(newbie) Wed 25-Nov-20 22:02:11
Print Post

Hello,

I had mine installed today. The lead-up was a nightmare with two (!) cancelled orders due to 'a problem with the system', lots of on-hold waiting and an army of ill-informed sales staff. Still, I thought I'd risk it, what with the 2 week cooling-off period and the fact that I wouldn't cancel my VM first, so I wouldn't be without.

My router turned up last Friday. The installation was smooth with a great engineer (Art) who was thoughtful and courteous and did a great job. The service came up immediately and I'm getting over the advertised peak DL speed and the upload isn't far short (939-918/79-94). The latency is lower than VM (~8 vs ~18) and the quality monitor on ThinkBB show a much more stable connection (so far: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
). I'm going to be watching it closely over the new couple of weeks.

The only problem so far is that I can't get my router (ASUS RT-AX88U) to sign in to the service. Getting the broadband login was a simple case of calling their support (including a 20 minute hold and disconnection :/, quality awful, they're all working from home with poor headsets I reckon but they did call back), but I'm getting a CHAP auth failure. Something to look into in the coming days. Currently running it behind the Voda router (which isn't too bad to fair) with a double NAT (no modem mode), but I still have better latency than VM.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to