Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hoopla
(member) Fri 11-May-12 18:57:38
Print Post

Re: Low Cost VOIP Provider/Setup

[re: lconroy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lconroy:
I simply don't place calls via the PSTN; why the heck would I ++? I can't find a single case where's it's cheaper to use the steam phone, so I don't.
True enough, but it is well worth looking at the deals offered by the Betamax group. They have loads of similar services with different prices and different names. But basically you buy a 10 euro top-up which gives you free calls to landlines for four months. If there is any credit left after 120 days (calls to mobiles are about 6 or 7 cents a minute) you use that to pay 1c per minute for calls to landlines. For me, this means my calls cost about 25 euros per year. Yes, all of them! See http://backsla.sh/betamax for a list of the confusing array of Betamax products.

Incoming calls? Sipgate are fine.

In reply to a post by lconroy:
BT are a bunch of Messerschmitts (or some kind of 'plane) => place two (ideally, free) calls per month via the PSTN or BT'll charge you. You have been warned. Oh, and don't forget to get their Line Rental Saver package to pay for the line up front -- £129 for a year. That's all those Fokkers will get from me.
Better still, go elsewhere. Switch to Primus Saver for your line rental and pay about £6.30 per month. See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/home-phone-c... Their call charges are a bit steep, but you won't be making any calls through them!
Standard User voippbx
(newbie) Fri 01-Jun-12 13:30:45
Print Post

Hi Guys

We use Synety's call recording software to run our telephone system. We've only been using it for about 2-3 months, but so far it's been quite good. The only thing is that you have to up your bandwidth, but I think that's probably true of all providers. Like Lconroy said about sipgate, you also get the caller ID, but what you also get is the ability to forward calls directly to you mobile if you're out of the office. So effectively, your caller doesn't know whether you're in or out of the office. That's been quite good for us as we're an agency, so we're always out and about.

cheers
Standard User bobtylor
(newbie) Thu 30-Aug-12 10:02:07
Print Post

Re: Low Cost VOIP Provider/Setup *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by billford

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Utteru
(newbie) Wed 04-Mar-15 06:50:08
Print Post

Re: Low Cost VOIP Provider/Setup *DELETED*

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Wed 04-Mar-15 10:56:37
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

deleted by TMCR. Just seen it's on old post which re-emerged thanks to an advert...

Virgin Cable (50/3) + EE Mobile BB

Edited by TMCR (Wed 04-Mar-15 10:58:33)

Standard User ammaar96
(newbie) Wed 18-Mar-15 12:20:51
Print Post

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Mar-15 09:36:47
Print Post

[re: ammaar96] [link to this post]

spam deleted

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Thu 19-Mar-15 10:07:44
Print Post

[re: rhetherington] [link to this post]

3 years later and i'm still using Localphone (considering how infrequently i make calls i might even still be using the same credit i had back then!) on a Yealink T28P.

In fact i've just switched my mobile contract to a 3 SIM Zero with an Internet add-on. Total cost is £5.11/month.

I then added my Localphone account to Android's native SIP client and when making calls on my mobile i get a little popup that lets me choose whether i want to call through 3 or through my SIP account. Should save me a bit of cash.
Standard User Alex_Rider
(newbie) Mon 09-Mar-20 21:01:29
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Standard User susan56
(newbie) Thu 12-Mar-20 07:05:04
Print Post

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]