Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 11-Dec-14 11:35:04
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

I changed my IP address by stopping and restarting my internet connection. I now get a full list of UK area codes, rather than the 0845 and 0870 numbers. Thanks for the explanation

Michael Chare
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Tue 16-Dec-14 12:59:18
Print Post

Service Advisory - sipgate basic won't be closing

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

Just got this email from them:

We have some good news: our sipgate basic service won't be closing!

While we've decided to focus on our business service, we are happy to confirm that we will continue to offer sipgate basic services. Your account login credentials, settings and functionality (telephony, voicemail, etc) will be retained unaltered.

We look forward to providing you with VoIP services in the future and apologise for any confusion caused.

Thank you for using sipgate.

Best regards,

Your sipgate team

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Tue 16-Dec-14 23:18:41
Print Post

They are? No email/letter nothing, nothing on the website when I logged in?!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mikejp
(regular) Wed 17-Dec-14 08:12:13
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

IamQ - only 6 pages to read, then?
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Dec-14 09:05:54
Print Post

[re: woodentop19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woodentop19:
Like many here I have been a Sipgate customer for probably a decade or more although until now barely use it.

The single advantage that is has is that Sipgate-Sipgate calls are free. My daughter over 250 miles away has one of my numbers, I have another so it avoids having to ring her mobile at exorbitant coast.

Does anyone know if there is another VoIP provider that offers a similar 'in house free calls' option?

Looking at it from a slightly different angle, if you both were to use GiffGaff for your mobile provider, then calls between you would be free

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited- but no ipv6)
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 17-Dec-14 10:19:56
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

? I've read most of this thread and its mostly noise. Not found 1 bit of hard evidence or anything. It's like listening to my mate down the pub telling me something that contains no references. Sorry
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Wed 17-Dec-14 11:44:46
Print Post

Let me ease your difficulty

Read post 1, see email from Sipgate to customer.

Read post from Tazz 1259 16/12

??
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 17-Dec-14 18:53:03
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014 *DELETED*

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

Post deleted by IamQ
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 07:25:08
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

I have no need to prove anything to you I was trying to tell other what I have received if you want proof you can email [email protected] who I am sure will confirm this is legit. Other than that I request a mod closes this thread because of bored trolls on the Internet feel the need to add nothing relevant

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User inschman
(newbie) Thu 18-Dec-14 13:22:54
Print Post

Just to confirm I never received an email regarding the Sipgate shutdown however I did email them and ask them to confirm, here's the reply

18 Dec 01:06 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your email.
While we’ve decided to focus on our business service, we are happy to confirm that we will continue to offer sipgate basic services. Your account login credentials, settings and functionality (telephony, voicemail, etc) will be retained unaltered.
We look forward to providing you with VoIP services in the future, and apologise for any confusion caused.
Thank you for using sipgate.
Best Regards,
J****
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to