Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Yoarkshire_Lad
(newbie) Thu 18-Dec-14 13:41:05
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[re: inschman] [link to this post]

+1
sipgate are obviously on a job lot of e-mails
I just got the (same/above) e-mail from sipgate in response to my support request to them asking what was happening.
I didn't get the initial e-mail (saying they were closing their basic/residential service)
There's still nothing on sipgate facebook or twitter page: you'd ahve thought that was one sensible place to put the information???
Allan
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:00:16
Print Post

Re: SipGate *NOT* Closing 31/12/2014

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

I have emailed them and got the response others have indicated below (they are not closing basic service) - so you can wind your neck in now tongue And maybe you should be the one to refrain from posting irrelevant comments then running to the moderators smile

Edited by IamQ (Thu 18-Dec-14 18:00:44)

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:06:55
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

Wow are you retarded I have already posted myself saying they are not closing following the Inital email that said they were... Grow up and read it all before opening that trolling trap of yours... I only posted what I recieved feel free to ask them if they sent the original email

BT Infinity 2 Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:17:25
Print Post

Its sad when people have to resort to bad language & abuse to get there point across. I hope you don't treat your customers like that!!! You should have a look in a mirror - you maybe the one with pointy ears who's 2' tall.
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 20:11:04
Print Post

It's sad when people are too lazy to read the whole thread and lead such a lonely life feel the need to troll threads on forums please go and troll elsewhere

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Thu 18-Dec-14 22:09:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by IamQ:
I have emailed them and got the response others have indicated below (they are not closing basic service)

Like you, I have also received confirmation that Sipgate are not closing the basic service. Unlike you however, I'm grateful to the OP for publicising the original email that said they were.

It may be that the original email was sent in error, or only a small batch were sent before they were bombarded with emails to [email protected] asking what was going on. Nonetheless, the wording of their subsequent reply (and the significant delay in receiving it!) makes it clear that they have changed their minds and backtracked...
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Fri 19-Dec-14 08:23:18
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

My thanks also to Tazz for the thread - I started a look around for alternatives 'in case', which is a useful exercise.
Standard User Colin_London
(member) Sun 21-Dec-14 18:42:26
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

Interesting - I didn't get an email, but its only recently that I suffered a hacking attack on my Sipgate account a week or so after crediting £10 (multiple calls to mobiles in Macedonia & Serbia from an unauthorised iPhone app added to my account that would have kept going until the credit was exhausted - good thing I didn't have auto top-up!).

Thankfully Sipgate refunded the loss, but I wonder if they have had a number of these and have decided that consumer equipment is just too insecure to support?

Anyway sounds like we are OK again for the moment - I now keep my IP phone unplugged from the network when i'm not using it!
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sat 31-Jan-15 23:46:23
Print Post

Re: SipGate *NOT* Closing 31/12/2014 - A new sipgate basic!

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

Thank you for the thanks guys the doubters can see here that they confirmed it would no longer close on their twitter: https://twitter.com/sipgateUK/with_replies

Just a quick FYI on the signup page at the moment:

Coming soon: A new sipgate basic!

We're happy to see you're interested in sipgate basic! While we're developing and restructuring our sipgate basic service, registrations are currently closed.

We'll keep you updated!

If you wish to be notified when registrations are open for our new sipgate basic service, please sign up using the form below:

BT Infinity 2 Broadband

Edited by Tazz_uk (Sat 31-Jan-15 23:49:34)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Feb-15 07:49:16
Print Post

Re: SipGate *NOT* Closing 31/12/2014 - A new sipgate basic!

In reply to a post by Tazz_uk:
Thank you for the thanks guys the doubters can see here
The only doubt was that you were correct in your OP. Turns out you were wrong. I guess you misread something.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to