Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Wed 03-Dec-14 20:32:24
Print Post

SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[link to this post]

Hello

With Sipgate closing on the 31/12/2014 does anyone have any suggestions of a good VoIP Provider that offers PAYG services like Sipgate?

Email from SipGate:

Your sipgate basic residential phone service will end on 31/12/2014

SIP-ID:
Hi...

As sipgate will be focussing on our sipgate team business service, our sipgate basic residential service will close on the 31st December 2014.

What happens now?

Until the 31st December 2014 you will be able to credit your account and use your sipgate basic account as usual.

What happens on and after the 31st December 2014?
After the 31st December 2014 your basic account will still work, but it will no longer be possible to credit your account balance.
On the 31st January 2015, all sipgate basic services will cease:
You will no longer be able to make or receive calls with your sipgate basic account;
It will not be possible to login to your basic account at www.sipgate.co.uk;
999 Emergency Services will no longer be available via your sipgate basic account;
Call records and billing history will no longer be available.

Can I port my sipgate basic phone number(s) to another service provider?
Yes! To keep using your sipgate basic number after the sipgate basic service closes, you will need to transfer your number(s) to another service. To port your number off your sipgate basic account please contact your new service provider. They will handle the number transfer on your behalf.
You also have the option of transferring your sipgate basic phone number to our business phone service "sipgate team".

Contacts & Billing records:
Please be sure to download and save all account billing and call records you wish to retain before the closure of the sipgate basic service on 31st January 2015. You can download your account’s Contacts from your basic account as a PDF file or exported to a CSV file.

What will happen to the remaining credit balance on my sipgate basic account?
The remaining credit balance will be refunded. To get a refund of your account’s credit balance please send your PayPal email address and your account’s 7 digit SIPID to:
[email protected]

We greatly appreciate your custom and wish to ensure the closure of the sipgate basic service causes the minimum disruption to you. For further information feel free to email our customer support or visit our Help-Centre.

Best regards,
Your sipgate team

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:16:00
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

Voipfone and AAISP would be two to consider. I have a Voipfone account but hardly use it. I plan to port my BT number to it early next year. When I do this there will be a £2pm charge.

I have not had a similar email from Sipgate.

Michael Chare
Standard User TMCR
(member) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:26:50
Print Post

I've not had the email either.

Virgin Cable (50/3)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:41:29
Print Post

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

Only came today.

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 10:22:13
Print Post

voipfone.co.uk is the people we use as do our customers.

only had 2 small outages in ~3 years , quality service and you only pay for the facilities you need etc..

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png
(experienced) Thu 04-Dec-14 16:28:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tazz_uk:
Your sipgate basic residential phone service will end on 31/12/2014
Could it be that you have received this email because you have ported a BT landline to Sipgate? I do know that Sipgate have stopped accepting such ports.

Michael Chare
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Thu 04-Dec-14 17:02:55
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Not seen anything on their site, C Panel or twatter/farcebook - anyone else got this email? Spoke to AAISP today after reading the thread and they look pretty good if needed.
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 19:03:52
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

No it is not because of that... feel free to contact them yourself... I got a reply about refund of credit today so they are well aware of it

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Olly232
(member) Fri 05-Dec-14 20:47:32
Print Post

I've not had an email about this yet but they stopped accepting new registrations for the residential service so I guess the email will arrive soon.

I will need to port my number to another VOIP provider who allows two phones connected to the same number at different locations. i.e. home and office. Does anyone else provide that service? I don't really want or need PBX features.
Standard User tdw42
(newbie) Fri 05-Dec-14 23:49:55
Print Post

[re: Olly232] [link to this post]

I've been using AAISP for ~8 months with a single SIP device, I believe they allow upto ten devices to be registered simultaneously - http://www.aa.net.uk/kb-telecoms-sip.html

Gradwell are also worth a look, not sure if they support multiple registrations.
Standard User Mitchy_mitch
(experienced) Sat 06-Dec-14 13:26:31
Print Post

Afaik you should be able to connect two phones by using two different port numbers. Port 8100 for the main and port 8200 for the next.

I never used to do this as it just worked, but i changed to this set up last week. Although it was for using multiple phones in the same house.
I would guess it would be the same for a lot of providers.

Does anyone know if there are any free providers out there. I have used localphone for outgoing and sipgate for incoming for the last 13 months and it has worked perfectly.

I know of a company that will provider you a block of 10 phone numbers for free, however you will need to set up your own system like piaf (pbx in a flash), but for a novice (like me) it has its own problems.

Huawei B222s-42 connected to ASUS RT-AC68U
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3141683986
Standard User aerostar2
(newbie) Sat 06-Dec-14 16:15:30
Print Post

[re: Mitchy_mitch] [link to this post]

14 of us have our own Sipgate numbers, looking at AAISP, Gradwell, and Voipfone all these seem to be business orientated and not a suitable replacement for domestic voip.

Any suggestions ?

And please do not suggest Skype.

None have had the email.

Ta
Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Sat 06-Dec-14 21:04:18
Print Post

[re: aerostar2] [link to this post]

I'm in the same boat - Sipgate for incoming calls and I moved outgoing calls to Localphone (from Sipgate) a few months ago. I haven't had any email yet.

I ported my BT number to Sipgate two or three years ago and I'd very much like to hang onto the number!

AAISP certainly have the edge on pricing of a DDI number and technical support. A drawback though is you can't (or at least couldn't) port numbers out from them so if they ever ceased their service I'd be stuffed. Gradwell seem well thought of but they are comparatively expensive. I suspect Voipfone are likely to get a few customers out of this...

Edited by ferretuk (Sun 07-Dec-14 08:38:04)

Standard User tdw42
(newbie) Sat 06-Dec-14 21:10:44
Print Post

Although AAISP is primarly for business this doesn't stop you using it for residential, and the pricing is good.
Standard User tdw42
(newbie) Sat 06-Dec-14 21:13:30
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

They don't allow porting out of numbers allocated from their own number ranges, but I was assured that porting out a number which had been ported in shouldn't be a problem - however it does depend on porting arrangements being in place with the loosing and gaining providers.
Standard User TMCR
(member) Sat 06-Dec-14 22:12:04
Print Post

I have already started setting up an alternative service with AAISP.

Can't say I'm happy at Sipgate closing down with short notice like this but no point trying to argue with them. Will see if they offer me my credit back, still not had any email from them.

Virgin Cable (50/3)
(experienced) Sun 07-Dec-14 13:36:01
Print Post

I have managed to get a block of 10 numbers. I do not need all of them, but how cool that my whole family can have their own numbers that are only a digit different.

http://www.3c.co.uk/sites/ukddi/

The only problem that i have, the number rings only for about 10 seconds before the line cuts off. If you answer before it cuts off, the call works perfectly

Here is an example

new number 020 7111 1111 routes to [email protected]

Im not too sure if it cuts off as it goes to a localphone. I will try and get it to work with sipgate now.
I will feedback.

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sun 07-Dec-14 17:17:09
Print Post

This is all I have had from them so far:

Hello Mr.XXX,

Thanks for your email and for confirming your PayPal address.

Should we close your account and issue a refund immediately? Or would you prefer your account's remaining credit balance to be refunded after the basic service's closes on the 31st January 2015?

Thank your for using sipgate.

Best Regards,

James Leo

I asked for a refund now for for the service to stay on until it is stopped... not had a reply yet this was 3 days ago...

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User TMCR
(member) Sun 07-Dec-14 18:57:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mitchy_mitch:
I have managed to get a block of 10 numbers.

How? It only allows 2 numbers per free account and the paid for accounts don't seem to have appeared yet. ?

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User The_Internet
(newbie) Sun 07-Dec-14 19:36:25
Print Post

Hey!!!

Just came over from mse (waqasahmed) Linky http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p...

frown

Looking at people like VoIPfone and they want £2/month for a DID number frown 3c looks OK I guess but...

For the majority of my calling, I use DIDLogic atm - Tell a lie, it was actually Sipgate, because I was mainly calling an 0844 numbers

I originally had the following spreadsheet done:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj6/Waqas_2008/PB...
Standard User jim66
(newbie) Sun 07-Dec-14 19:55:57
Print Post

I have also had this email

I am thinking of going with these :http://free03numbers.com

Does anyone for any experience of using them ? may thanks
(newbie) Sun 07-Dec-14 21:06:24
Print Post

[re: jim66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jim66:
I have also had this email

I am thinking of going with these :http://free03numbers.com

Does anyone for any experience of using them ? may thanks

oooh. That might be good. I dunno. I just want a free number (And maybe ab 0844/070 number to give to companies laugh )But I dont know for sure

That also looks quite hard tos et up????? I have a PBX at freebxes.com so... yeah lol

Edited by The_Internet (Sun 07-Dec-14 21:13:31)

Standard User Voipfone
(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 13:25:52
Print Post

Hello

With Sipgate closing on the 31/12/2014 does anyone have any suggestions of a good VoIP Provider that offers PAYG services like Sipgate?

We’re sorry to hear that Sipgate is closing its residential service.

For those customers now looking for an alternative provider, Voipfone is able to port Sipgate numbers and will do this for free to help out those affected by the change.

For information about how to do this, please email [email protected]

The porting fees will be waived for Sipgate customers.

Regards,

Voipfone Customer Service
Email [email protected]
web www.voipfone.co.uk
020 7043 5555

Edited by Voipfone (Mon 08-Dec-14 13:27:50)

Standard User woodentop19
(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 15:59:57
Print Post

[re: Voipfone] [link to this post]

Like many here I have been a Sipgate customer for probably a decade or more although until now barely use it.

The single advantage that is has is that Sipgate-Sipgate calls are free. My daughter over 250 miles away has one of my numbers, I have another so it avoids having to ring her mobile at exorbitant coast.

Does anyone know if there is another VoIP provider that offers a similar 'in house free calls' option?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 08-Dec-14 16:07:04
Print Post

[re: woodentop19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woodentop19:
Like many here I have been a Sipgate customer for probably a decade or more although until now barely use it.

The single advantage that is has is that Sipgate-Sipgate calls are free. My daughter over 250 miles away has one of my numbers, I have another so it avoids having to ring her mobile at exorbitant coast.

Does anyone know if there is another VoIP provider that offers a similar 'in house free calls' option?

Yes, BT - at least on the plans I have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 16:17:31
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Ah no, not quite so easy.

My daughter is on Virgin and despite supposedly having a 'new' number she is still getting loads of calls for a previous user of the number and bucket loads of spam calls on top. Result - she doesn't use the VM line, and VM are not really interested.

That means that without a VoIP line the only way we can contact her is on her mobile - and via BT that cost silly money. I do use 18185 but even that is quite expensive.

It would be a good start if she could sign up and get a number at no charge with a VoIP provider so at least we can ring her: she can use her (contract) mobile to call us - as indeed she does now. Then if she wants to use it to make calls it is relatively simple.

AAPOI I haven't had a mail from Sipgate either so have raised a query with them.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 08-Dec-14 16:33:19
Print Post

You miss the point.

BT has a Broadband Talk (VOIP) product - if you can find out how to order it.

I use the Business variant on two different plans -fixed fee and PAYG with both offering free calls to other users.

M H C

(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 16:53:41
Print Post

No longer available to new users as HH3 and the later 4 and 5 did not have VoIP capability. A softfone version was/is available to people registered before a date in 2008 but it is not compatible with W7 or W8.

So back to square one methinks?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 08-Dec-14 17:09:51
Print Post

So, what about a pair of BT Business VOIP lines? £5/month with 500 minutes? which you can use for normal calls plus free BT to BT?

http://business.bt.com/phone-services/voip/

All you then need is a VOIP adapter/phone for each.

M H C

Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Mon 08-Dec-14 17:14:49
Print Post

Actually £6/month (inc VAT) and the following:
In order to sign up to our business VoIP service, you will need a BT Business phone line and a dedicated BT Business Broadband connection, with a BT Business Hub. To use Broadband Voice you will need to buy or rent the Cisco SPA303 IP Phone from BT.
Not really a viable solution for the OP smile
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 08-Dec-14 17:21:52
Print Post

Interesting.

I don't have a BT Business phone line and I often use it elsewhere without a BT business hub or a Cisco SPA303.

M H C

Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Mon 08-Dec-14 17:49:42
Print Post

Assuming each of you has VoIP capability you could sign up with DrayTEL and not bother to add any credit. Calls between the two of you would be free and there would be no monthly charge.

Only one signup necessary for two numbers at https://admin.draytel.org/sign-up but perhaps better if you individually signed up. I am a user of the service and it works just fine as described.

Either identity can acquire a POTS number by depositing at least £15 for the PAYG service.
(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 18:15:40
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

That's exactly what I want/need and Draytek/Draytel are a known quantity to me.

Mant thanks.
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Mon 08-Dec-14 20:20:59
Print Post

i think you will find most voip calls are entirely free to other voip "lines". this is certainly the case for Voipfone who we use as do our customers.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png
(newbie) Mon 08-Dec-14 21:41:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
Actually £6/month (inc VAT) and the following:
In order to sign up to our business VoIP service, you will need a BT Business phone line and a dedicated BT Business Broadband connection, with a BT Business Hub. To use Broadband Voice you will need to buy or rent the Cisco SPA303 IP Phone from BT.
Not really a viable solution for the OP smile

£6/month is pricey! Sure you get 500 minutes built in, but for those that dont need it, it's £6 too much

I did notice that DIDLogic offer numbers for just under $1/month

Currently trying to get the free03numbers working with pbxes.com

It won't go through frown

We only have VoIP because we have a "landline" to use. Cable broadband means we dont need line rental...

Edited by The_Internet (Mon 08-Dec-14 21:43:08)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Dec-14 10:35:36
Print Post

i have not had a letter and i know someone who just joined their basic package, so what is going on?

I do not have a home phone line , VoIP is my home phone. I need to get this sorted out, another thign to sort out.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User csking
(regular) Tue 09-Dec-14 13:02:27
Print Post

In what way do you think that AASIP, Gradwell etc are "not a suitable replacement for domestic VoiP" ?

I've used AAISP and Gradwell in the past, but currently use AQL (http://www.aql.com/) - they're more of a business service, but they're just fine for domestic use. I've found them to be reliable, reasonably cheap, and their customer support is very good.

Standard voice service is £2 + VAT a month for a local number, then you buy credit for non-free calls in advance. This makes them more expensive than AAISP, but cheaper than Gradwell.

You can also request a 0844 number for fax-to-email, and there's no rental charge for that. They also offer SMS services (but these are pricey compared to some mobile tarrifs these days), conference calling facilities and a whole lot more.

As with other VoIP providers, do check their tariffs for non-free calls, as this can vary wildly between providers.

Chris
(No connection to AQL, other than as a domestic customer)
Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Tue 09-Dec-14 14:42:32
Print Post

Really curious now - They seem to be taking registrations again!
(experienced) Tue 09-Dec-14 15:43:56
Print Post

I signed up for an account over 12 months ago. I guess i guess i have a legacy account.
I used it for a while when i placed some pbx software on my raspberry pi, but i had a few problems getting all the internal extensions working, so i just went back to using a single free number from sipgate.

I signed in again a few days ago and managed to get the same 10 block of phone numbers that i previously had.

(experienced) Tue 09-Dec-14 16:06:12
Print Post

Think that i might go back to paying localphone 0.75ppm+vat for a number. It's quite ridiculous that i am trying to get nearly everything for nothing. I will be paying an extra £12 a year for a number, but as it is the only phone i have at home and localphone have never let me down in the past year, i should give them some more of my money. My bills are only about £2 a month and the mrs is constantly on the phone.

If anyone fancies signing up and being generous, "here's a sign up a friend link"

http://www.localphone.com/?rb=A0m0P9d4CPu0GjIhpvJH07...

0.4ppm for landlines & 1.5ppm for mobiles

I am only a customer & not connected to the great company that is localphone.com

Standard User TMCR
(member) Tue 09-Dec-14 20:23:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
Really curious now - They seem to be taking registrations again!

Oh yeah - so they are - Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said smile

Wonder if that means they are not closing the service after all ?

After my own digging around to find a suitable alternative I'm happy to see this...

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User tgold
(newbie) Wed 10-Dec-14 13:13:17
Print Post

As a test today I just applied for a new account there and was given one together with an 020-3*** **** free phone number.
Standard User Nissemus_UK
(newbie) Wed 10-Dec-14 18:52:56
Print Post

[re: tgold] [link to this post]

That's strange. It only offers me an 0845 or 0870 number.
Standard User TMCR
(member) Wed 10-Dec-14 18:53:54
Print Post

[re: Nissemus_UK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nissemus_UK:
That's strange. It only offers me an 0845 or 0870 number.

It does that if you do not have a UK based IP address...

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User Nissemus_UK
(newbie) Wed 10-Dec-14 19:01:39
Print Post

But I do have a UK-based IP address!
(experienced) Wed 10-Dec-14 20:46:34
Print Post

This is great news :]

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Wed 10-Dec-14 20:54:06
Print Post

Possible good news? Got this today:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but once we issue an account balance refund the account would be closed.

Currently we are investigating options available to us to continue service to all basic accounts holders who actively use their accounts. Clarification via Twitter, Facebook and direct emailing will be made by our UK Product Development team over the coming days.

Best Regards,

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User TMCR
(member) Wed 10-Dec-14 21:10:02
Print Post

[re: Nissemus_UK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nissemus_UK:
But I do have a UK-based IP address!

Their system thinks otherwise. If it only offers 0845 or 0870 then that's their system responding to geographical limits.

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User TMCR
(member) Wed 10-Dec-14 21:14:50
Print Post

I'm sorry but once we issue an account balance refund the account would be closed.

Seems a reasonable answer but brings into question the logic of having an available balance, telling them by default that you DO want the account to stay active ?

...continue service to all basic accounts holders who actively use their accounts.

Now that's more like it - use it or lose it. If a number is called at least once a month then it should stay alive. Any that get zero calls could be culled.

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Wed 10-Dec-14 21:27:40
Print Post

It was based on me asking for a refund. I am an active user who has credit that i wanted back if they were to close.

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
(experienced) Thu 11-Dec-14 11:35:04
Print Post

I changed my IP address by stopping and restarting my internet connection. I now get a full list of UK area codes, rather than the 0845 and 0870 numbers. Thanks for the explanation

Michael Chare
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Tue 16-Dec-14 12:59:18
Print Post

Service Advisory - sipgate basic won't be closing

Just got this email from them:

We have some good news: our sipgate basic service won't be closing!

While we've decided to focus on our business service, we are happy to confirm that we will continue to offer sipgate basic services. Your account login credentials, settings and functionality (telephony, voicemail, etc) will be retained unaltered.

We look forward to providing you with VoIP services in the future and apologise for any confusion caused.

Thank you for using sipgate.

Best regards,

Your sipgate team

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Tue 16-Dec-14 23:18:41
Print Post

They are? No email/letter nothing, nothing on the website when I logged in?!
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Wed 17-Dec-14 08:12:13
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

IamQ - only 6 pages to read, then?
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Dec-14 09:05:54
Print Post

Looking at it from a slightly different angle, if you both were to use GiffGaff for your mobile provider, then calls between you would be free

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited- but no ipv6)
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 17-Dec-14 10:19:56
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

? I've read most of this thread and its mostly noise. Not found 1 bit of hard evidence or anything. It's like listening to my mate down the pub telling me something that contains no references. Sorry
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Wed 17-Dec-14 11:44:46
Print Post

Let me ease your difficulty

Read post 1, see email from Sipgate to customer.

Read post from Tazz 1259 16/12

??
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 17-Dec-14 18:53:03
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014 *DELETED*

Post deleted by IamQ
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 07:25:08
Print Post

I have no need to prove anything to you I was trying to tell other what I have received if you want proof you can email [email protected] who I am sure will confirm this is legit. Other than that I request a mod closes this thread because of bored trolls on the Internet feel the need to add nothing relevant

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User inschman
(newbie) Thu 18-Dec-14 13:22:54
Print Post

Just to confirm I never received an email regarding the Sipgate shutdown however I did email them and ask them to confirm, here's the reply

18 Dec 01:06 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your email.
While we’ve decided to focus on our business service, we are happy to confirm that we will continue to offer sipgate basic services. Your account login credentials, settings and functionality (telephony, voicemail, etc) will be retained unaltered.
We look forward to providing you with VoIP services in the future, and apologise for any confusion caused.
Thank you for using sipgate.
Best Regards,
J****
Standard User Yoarkshire_Lad
(newbie) Thu 18-Dec-14 13:41:05
Print Post

[re: inschman] [link to this post]

+1
sipgate are obviously on a job lot of e-mails
I just got the (same/above) e-mail from sipgate in response to my support request to them asking what was happening.
I didn't get the initial e-mail (saying they were closing their basic/residential service)
There's still nothing on sipgate facebook or twitter page: you'd ahve thought that was one sensible place to put the information???
Allan
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:00:16
Print Post

Re: SipGate *NOT* Closing 31/12/2014

I have emailed them and got the response others have indicated below (they are not closing basic service) - so you can wind your neck in now tongue And maybe you should be the one to refrain from posting irrelevant comments then running to the moderators smile

Edited by IamQ (Thu 18-Dec-14 18:00:44)

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:06:55
Print Post

Wow are you retarded I have already posted myself saying they are not closing following the Inital email that said they were... Grow up and read it all before opening that trolling trap of yours... I only posted what I recieved feel free to ask them if they sent the original email

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-Dec-14 18:17:25
Print Post

Its sad when people have to resort to bad language & abuse to get there point across. I hope you don't treat your customers like that!!! You should have a look in a mirror - you maybe the one with pointy ears who's 2' tall.
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 20:11:04
Print Post

It's sad when people are too lazy to read the whole thread and lead such a lonely life feel the need to troll threads on forums please go and troll elsewhere

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User ferretuk
(regular) Thu 18-Dec-14 22:09:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by IamQ:
I have emailed them and got the response others have indicated below (they are not closing basic service)

Like you, I have also received confirmation that Sipgate are not closing the basic service. Unlike you however, I'm grateful to the OP for publicising the original email that said they were.

It may be that the original email was sent in error, or only a small batch were sent before they were bombarded with emails to [email protected] asking what was going on. Nonetheless, the wording of their subsequent reply (and the significant delay in receiving it!) makes it clear that they have changed their minds and backtracked...
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Fri 19-Dec-14 08:23:18
Print Post

My thanks also to Tazz for the thread - I started a look around for alternatives 'in case', which is a useful exercise.
Standard User Colin_London
(member) Sun 21-Dec-14 18:42:26
Print Post

Interesting - I didn't get an email, but its only recently that I suffered a hacking attack on my Sipgate account a week or so after crediting £10 (multiple calls to mobiles in Macedonia & Serbia from an unauthorised iPhone app added to my account that would have kept going until the credit was exhausted - good thing I didn't have auto top-up!).

Thankfully Sipgate refunded the loss, but I wonder if they have had a number of these and have decided that consumer equipment is just too insecure to support?

Anyway sounds like we are OK again for the moment - I now keep my IP phone unplugged from the network when i'm not using it!
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sat 31-Jan-15 23:46:23
Print Post

Re: SipGate *NOT* Closing 31/12/2014 - A new sipgate basic!

Thank you for the thanks guys the doubters can see here that they confirmed it would no longer close on their twitter: https://twitter.com/sipgateUK/with_replies

Just a quick FYI on the signup page at the moment:

Coming soon: A new sipgate basic!

We're happy to see you're interested in sipgate basic! While we're developing and restructuring our sipgate basic service, registrations are currently closed.

We'll keep you updated!

If you wish to be notified when registrations are open for our new sipgate basic service, please sign up using the form below:

BT Infinity 2 Broadband

Edited by Tazz_uk (Sat 31-Jan-15 23:49:34)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Feb-15 07:49:16
Print Post

Thank you for the thanks guys the doubters can see here
The only doubt was that you were correct in your OP. Turns out you were wrong. I guess you misread something.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sun 01-Feb-15 08:31:29
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Oh dear not again... No I was not wrong and no I did not misread anything my OP was a copy of an email I was sent by Sipgate... THEY Back Peddled...

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Sun 01-Feb-15 16:32:13
Print Post

It's a struggle, innit, Tazz? Big market for Specsavers on this forum it would seem.........
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sun 01-Feb-15 16:46:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by mikejp:
It's a struggle, innit, Tazz? Big market for Specsavers on this forum it would seem.........

Tell me about... *sigh*

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Feb-15 18:07:35
Print Post

No, you got the wrong end of the stick from their reply to your cancellation.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sun 01-Feb-15 18:34:37
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
No, you got the wrong end of the stick from their reply to your cancellation.

No the reply to the cancellation was AFTER the OP email to which I told them I would wait and did... I am still with them today...

Sorry you are wrong again wink

BT Infinity 2 Broadband

Edited by Tazz_uk (Sun 01-Feb-15 19:17:15)

Standard User TMCR
(committed) Wed 04-Feb-15 22:44:20
Print Post

There is now a countdown page showing 32 days (at Feb 4th) to the new service...

Virgin Cable (50/3) + EE Mobile BB
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sat 07-Mar-15 08:03:47
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014 - Registrations now open!

IMPORTANT!!!

As of yesterday, appears to have re-opened registrations for Residential customers! That's ahead of the countdown..

CJT.

Now On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sun 08-Mar-15 16:50:54
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014 - Registrations now open!

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
IMPORTANT!!!

As of yesterday, appears to have re-opened registrations for Residential customers! That's ahead of the countdown..

Nothing new... Yet again they say something and then change their mind at the last minute.........

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to