Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User clyde123
(member) Sat 31-Aug-19 08:27:36
Print Post

Voip peculiarities

[link to this post]

I've bought a 4G router - no name Model CPF903 - with ethernet to use in a remote office, saves the cost of a landline.
I've connected a Voip adapter - Linksys PAP2T - and an old style cabled handset.

Using a 3Three sim, I can make calls in & out.

But when using a 1pMobile sim, outgoing calls are fine, but incoming calls do not ring in. From the caller end, the call begins to ring out but then terminates after a few rings.

Any thoughts ?
Standard User NJSS
(member) Mon 02-Sep-19 22:29:48
Print Post

TIANJIE CPE903 Router

[re: clyde123] [link to this post]

I can't help much, save to identify the router which is, I believe, a TIANJIE CPE903 marketed by AliExpress.

I was given one by a frustrated friend who found it very unreliable, & who thought I could make use of it..

Sorry I can't help more than that; save to say that I got a user manual written in a language resembling English as a download from AliExpress or Tianjie.

NJSS

Standard User danielhyde
(learned) Tue 03-Sep-19 09:28:11
Print Post

Re: Voip peculiarities

[re: clyde123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by clyde123:
I've bought a 4G router - no name Model CPF903 - with ethernet to use in a remote office, saves the cost of a landline.
I've connected a Voip adapter - Linksys PAP2T - and an old style cabled handset.

Using a 3Three sim, I can make calls in & out.

But when using a 1pMobile sim, outgoing calls are fine, but incoming calls do not ring in. From the caller end, the call begins to ring out but then terminates after a few rings.

Any thoughts ?

Hi,

I believe the issues may be caused by the carrier grade network translation used by EE.
From a quick google search 1p Mobile use EE's network.
would it not be possible to use the 3 sim instead of the 1p sim?

Kind Regards,
Daniel Hyde

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User clyde123
(member) Tue 03-Sep-19 09:52:53
Print Post

Re: Voip peculiarities

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Thanks danielhyde, also NJSS for replies.

Yes I've got the 3 sim in it working just now.
Also have a Vodafone sim which I'll put some credit on to test. That does show some bars of signal.

Am happy enough to have something working. Just my inherent nosiness trying to understand why the differences.

I use EE on my mobile phone, and that signal is almost non existent inside the building. Usually.

Cheers.
  Print Thread

Jump to