Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Thu 01-Apr-21 12:22:35
Print Post

Re: VOIP and CGNAT compatibility (Airband FTTP) What Next

[re: TimJ] [link to this post]

Yeah the SPA should come out and test with another device. Even if the SIP registration is at fault it should not cause the SPA to go into a reboot loop. That is not right at all.

SPA's have a bit of a reputation for being a bit flaky. The last generation I used was the old SPA3102 which is going back some years now. I still have the original (and a fresh spare in a box) which was routing PSTN into Asterisk (FXO) and taking then acting as an SIP extension ATA onto a cordless base (FXS).

Since then the landline disappeared, pure SIP trunks, went over to DECT on the domestic phones and used a couple of N300A IP Gigaset's across properties but talking back to an Asterisk box. This trusty old thing has been running solid since 2012 and the version of Asterisk (12) and Centos (6) have both been EOL and are long overdue an upgrade. But it has worked faultlessly over VM cable, 4G, 5G, FTTP, leased line you name it its done it.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Pheasant (Thu 01-Apr-21 12:23:48)

Standard User TimJ
(committed) Fri 02-Apr-21 10:19:09
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

I fully agree going into a reboot cycle is screaming of a hardware problem.

This is embarrassing. A close examination of the SPA showed that the power adaptor is rated at 5V 1A, but the SPA122 spec says power requirement 5V up to a maximum of 2A. It clearly is not the original power adaptor.

Now replaced with a 5V 3A supply, we will try again.....

I am extremely annoyed with myself for getting into this situation and wasting many hours. Thanks all for yout suggestions and help.
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Sun 04-Apr-21 07:28:19
Print Post

[re: TimJ] [link to this post]

Keep monitoring the ATA after the power supply replacement. That could be a red herring.

It may at be worth looking through the device logs, especially around the time the device has issues. If there are network or registration issues, then this may provide some clues or basis for investigating further.

There some good Cisco expertise on their community forums too. May be worth posting the problem there. As an example:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/atas-gateways-and-acc...

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to