Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(experienced) Fri 26-Nov-10 12:43:46
Print Post

Re: Personal domain registration & e-mail hosting info & adv

[re: rasczak] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rasczak:
I use VirtualNames from UKServers, http://www.virtualnames.co.uk/.

They have email and website redirection to your ISP or anyone else included in the domain registration fee.

Email hosting starts from £10 Ex VAT a year for 10 mailboxes with unlimited aliases. Without wishing to get too technical, the mailboxes have POP, IMAP or webmail access, all of which can be set to use SSL if you want. SMTP server also provided.
Their control panel also allows you to opt out of displaying whois contact details, if you register as UK individual, in just a few clicks.

No links, just used them for quite a few years and happy with what I get.
what ports are used for ssl pop3/ stmp?

Standard User tommy45
(experienced) Sat 27-Nov-10 16:31:48
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
In reply to a post by rasczak:
I use VirtualNames from UKServers, http://www.virtualnames.co.uk/.

They have email and website redirection to your ISP or anyone else included in the domain registration fee.

Email hosting starts from £10 Ex VAT a year for 10 mailboxes with unlimited aliases. Without wishing to get too technical, the mailboxes have POP, IMAP or webmail access, all of which can be set to use SSL if you want. SMTP server also provided.
Their control panel also allows you to opt out of displaying whois contact details, if you register as UK individual, in just a few clicks.

No links, just used them for quite a few years and happy with what I get.
what ports are used for ssl pop3/ smtp?

Got it sorted,working,

Standard User rasczak
(learned) Tue 30-Nov-10 12:15:21
Print Post

Sorry I hadn't replied, forgot to check back on the thread. Glad you got it working anyway.

As I remember I just used the default SSL ports set by my mail client when I switched SSL on. Thinking about it I don't think that I found anything at the time on the UK Servers help site about using IMAP or SSL, I just tried it to see if it worked and it did.

Just looked again and have found http://www.virtualnames.co.uk/faq.php?id=MAILSERVERS, I searched the help site for IMAP and found it, it is under the Email > General Questions section of the helppages. It shows the server names and ports, though it does say that while SSL will work, they do not directly support it. I have never had any problems using it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User elevator
(regular) Tue 14-Dec-10 23:38:23
Print Post

I have been using hostway.co.uk now over 3 years not the cheapest I found but reliable and good support.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 25-Dec-10 23:39:02
Print Post

Thumbs up for NetHosted who I use for Web Hosting,

I have used other companies in the past but so far cannot fault them at all!

I even went back to them after using a free service, with one.com ( who are useless)...

I have used 1&1 and personally would never use them again. I appreciate NetHosed only have web based support and no phone lines, but Andrew and Darryl seem to alway's be on hand to help.

1&1's service appears to be around £9.73 at the current VAT rate and NetHosted are closer to £20.

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User homi
(newbie) Tue 15-Feb-11 02:11:41
Print Post

Re: Personal domain registration & e-mail hosting info & adv *DELETED*

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread