Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Feb-11 11:57:37
Print Post

Re: Free business web hosting?

[re: NickyJ] [link to this post]

You could always try Microsofts free web site provision at Office Live
You get a free website etc, well worth a look.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User alex365
(newbie) Fri 11-Mar-11 05:27:55
Print Post

Re: Free business web hosting? *DELETED*

Post deleted by billford
Standard User mikestarr
(newbie) Sun 31-Mar-13 12:54:14
Print Post

Hello

I use 000webhost.com for about a dozen sites. They are all business related. I too buy my domains from 123-REG.

The system works well and like their blurb says, they are rarely off line. I would recommend both companies actually.

The downsides are few but if pushed I would say that uploading your content to 000webhost is slower than the paid hosts I have used. By slower, I don't mean it takes a long time once connected. I mean that connecting to the host sometimes takes a while, particularly at the weekends.

Another downside is that you have to make sure that you either are uploading regularly or you are getting visitors to the site regularly. If you cannot fulfill that criteria your site is likely to be put in the "for deleting" queue.

It isn't a big problem, so long as you are aware that it may happen. Visit the members area regularly and if you see that your site is marked "for deletion" simply click the "protect my site" button and it will never be deleted.

The final thing to mention is that it is a little challenging (to say the least) to figure out how to connect 000webhost to 123-REG. It is worth the effort though, as it will save you a fortune on hosting fees and nobody will ever know you are using a free hosting service.

If you or any other members get any problems, post a message on the forum and I or one of my colleagues will try and help - also for free haha !.

Regards

Mike Starr
Broadband Upgrade Team
IT Authority
Ingatestone Essex

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mikestarr
(newbie) Sun 31-Mar-13 13:05:33
Print Post

Just seen this other comment about 000webhost and having to use their templates.

You can use their templates of course if you wish and you can use their web page creation tool, however, neither are compulsory.

I use Dreamweaver CS6 to create all my sites from scratch. All you have to do (once your site / page is ready) is to upload to their server.

Just go to the manage site section of Dreamweaver and fill in the server number that you are given by 000webhost and the password they give you, which will be something like a123456.

That is it.

Again, if you have any problems working out what to put in the manage sites area of Dreamweaver, either myself or one of my colleague will help for free. Just ask in the forum.

Mike Starr
Broadband Upgrade Team
IT Authority
Ingatestone Essex
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to