Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TrishaH
(experienced) Wed 08-Jan-14 18:20:23
Print Post

Re: re WYSIWYG site builders

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

Thanks - I'm sure both are excellent, but the one I'm trying out seems similar in a lot of ways to the programme I've used for many years. Just a case of seeking out the right functions etc.

I already have a hosting company: Easily, that I've been with for a long time (I think since 2000), and apart from the now aged original server giving intermittent problems recently, I've had a trouble free time with them.

The server issues seem to have caused the recent updating problem too, and today they assisted with loading the site onto a new Linux platform and getting it working.

My website, like photography, is a necessary evil to me - needed, but not something I am fully conversant with when it comes to the technical aspects and terminology.

I am not at all keen to do any coding ..wouldn't know where to start with it. This past week has only served to cost me a week of productive work time, so the sooner the site got fixed, the better.
With luck, I can now tinker around with the new programme at an easier pace smile

Standard User alext05
(member) Wed 08-Jan-14 18:55:38
Print Post

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

Okay, the choice is yours. While you are waiting for your site to get fixed, you could give this a try:

http://wordpress.com/

Click Get Started, fill in basic details and you have a website up and running in around 60 seconds or less. No hosting fees, no knowledge of software or coding is required. No pressure.

If you don't like you don't need to use it. Simples.
Standard User TrishaH
(experienced) Thu 09-Jan-14 00:05:07
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

The site was updated and working perfectly by 4pm today smile

Wordpress looks fine, and I may look at it more closely at some point.

Thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to