Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Racehunter
(regular) Tue 10-Sep-19 14:43:00
Print Post

Hosted email problems -Blacklisted IP?

[link to this post]

I have been having problems with email from a TSOHost, hosted domain for a couple of days. Basically I cannot send email from my PC using an email client (Outlook) or log onto the webmail from the same PC. On my phone, everything works correctly. Numerous online chats with TSOHost had me reconfigure settings, clear cache on my router and even try to access webmail through kpproxy.com. All without success.

A few minutes ago during another online chat, the adviser said he found that my IP address was on a blacklist and that was why things are not working. He sent me a link to the resource where he found the information which showed 3 listings. He said I should contact my IP provider (BT) to get it lifted. Now this is all new to me and when I read the details of possible reasons for blacklisting, which included spambot issues, I began to worry. Can anyone throw any light onto the issue I am having, as I have run a couple of virus and malware scans and all is clear.

Has anyone else had the problem? When the adviser mentioned blacklist, I wondered if it was anything to do with one of TSOHost servers being blacklisted by Microsoft.

I feel out of my depth here and don't even know where to start with BT.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Steve
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Sep-19 09:02:31
Print Post

Re: Hosted email problems -Blacklisted IP?

[re: Racehunter] [link to this post]

Are you on a dynamic or static IP? If dynamic (as I suspect) then it could have been blacklisted from a previous user's use of the iP address and nothing to do with your use. Hopefully the simple fix will be to reboot the router, which if on dynamic, should give you a new IP.

You can check your current IP by going to whatsmyip and then you can check it has changed.
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Sep-19 22:13:14
Print Post

Re: Hosted email problems -Blacklisted IP?

[re: Racehunter] [link to this post]

Not sure if what I am experiencing is similar.

I have a number of domains hosted by TSOhost. One of them I use daily for in/out email and have been having issues when sending email.

Typically I receive:-

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

email [email protected]
host eur.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.124.33]
SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [31.170.120.82] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [HK2APC01FT017.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Neither of those two IP addresses is mine, however Googling 31.170.120.82 gave me:-

https://help.tsohost.com/status

Ongoing Incidents

rss_feed

Cloud Webmail Issue
Updated Sep 10th, 15:13 BST

MonitoringThe issue that affected certain Cloud Webmail users has been mitigated. Please test and let us know should any similar errors related to the platform reoccur.

E-mail issue - Gabrovo and Enceladus
Updated Sep 10th, 16:24 BST

ResolvedThe enceladus.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk mail services are functioning normally as the related issue has been fixed.

Cloud mailboxes are not able to receive emails
Updated Sep 12th, 13:47 BST

MonitoringThe issue should be resolved now, but we will keep monitoring the service to make sure it will not re-appear. If you still experience issues with receiving emails, please feel free to contact out Support team.

Issues with Daily mail services
Updated Sep 12th, 07:33 BST

MonitoringThe issue should be resolved now! We will continue monitoring for any issues, so if you still encounter any issues please contact our support team. Again please excuse us for the inconvenience caused!

Elara IP 91.146.105.9 blacklisted by Microsoft
Updated Sep 10th, 13:17 BST

MonitoringThe issue should be resolved. We are still monitoring the process. Please do not hesitate to contact our support if you are still experiencing issues.

High load issues on eris.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk
Updated Sep 4th, 07:53 BST

FixingUnfortunately the issue re-appeared again. Our System administrators are currently working on this. Please excuse us again for the caused inconvenience.

Contact form issues on the Cloud platform
Updated Sep 2nd, 17:34 BST

UpdateThis should be resolved for the large amount of websites, however there are still some isolated cases where they have to be checked on a case-by-case basis. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact support via the usual channels. Please excuse us about the inconvenience.

Planned maintenance on shared cPanel and VPS hosts.
Updated Aug 17th, 05:56 BST

PlannedOver the next few nights, starting from Sunday 00:00, we will be performing critical security updates on multiple shared cPanel servers and VPS hosts. Only particular customers with these hosting packages will be affected. The expected downtime will be very minimal.

Cloud IP 87.247.242.5 blacklisted by Microsoft
Updated Jul 22nd, 10:13 BST

FixingWe are currently experiencing an issue where the cloud IP 87.247.242.5 is blacklisted by Microsoft. We are working closely with their support in order to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please excuse us for the caused inconvenience so far!

Cloud forwarding IP blocked by Microsoft
Updated Jun 5th, 08:07 BST

FixingWe are currently experiencing an issue where the cloud forwarding IP 31.170.120.82 is blocked by Microsoft. We are working closely with their support in order to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please excuse us for the caused inconvenience so far!

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco PAP2T and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to