Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mnbvcxz
(member) Thu 05-Dec-19 22:08:13
Print Post

Domain email forwarding host?

[link to this post]

I really need to leave easily.co.uk which is in decline and has introduced fierce secret spam filtering. A shame as they were good and cheap for a decade.

I am looking for a basic co.uk host, ideally uk based but not a dealbreaker.

Url forwarding would be nice but not essential.

I do need email forwarding without being spam filtered! I let gmail do that.

I like an email catchall wildcard forwarder as well to forward any unspecified email addresses to me.

Thats it really, but it seems to rule out most people. Who are all rather vague about what email forwarding comes with their services anyway...

Any ideas? I think it rules out netcetera, namecheap, 1&1 and krystal.

I did see a reference to someone called ecohosting.co.uk which might do it but appear to be a one man band based in a welsh serviced office? Which might not be bad but a little worrying.

Or any ideas of a better place to ask? There used to be newsgroups for this but I think they have died...

Thanks
Standard User dect
(experienced) Thu 05-Dec-19 22:22:49
Print Post

Re: Domain email forwarding host?

[re: mnbvcxz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mnbvcxz:
Any ideas?
Nope
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:34:03
Print Post

namecheap does both individual email forwarding and catch-all forwarding.

I have several clients using them for that.

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-19 11:48:59
Print Post

I have been using TSOHost for some time and they should be able to support those requirements (I have a couple of domains that use wildcard forwarding and one where I forward individual addresses to different email accounts).

I am surprised there are so many that aren't allowing wildcard forwarding.
Standard User mnbvcxz
(member) Fri 06-Dec-19 12:43:34
Print Post

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwiz:
namecheap does both individual email forwarding and catch-all forwarding.

You are right, but they also have unavoidable spam filters. Easily have also started having them since they changed hands.

I am always suspicious that I am losing emails silently that I never know about. I prefer to get everything and be able to see in my spam folder what was blocked so I can fix it if its wrong...

Thank you for the thought though.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Dec-19 15:04:38
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I have been using TSOHost for some time and they should be able to support those requirements (I have a couple of domains that use wildcard forwarding and one where I forward individual addresses to different email accounts).

+1

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User mnbvcxz
(member) Fri 06-Dec-19 22:34:41
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Interesting, two votes for TSO host.

I had assumed from the terrible reviews that they had gone to the bad since being taken over by godaddy and were now a large distant corporation that would be a nightmare in the event of any problems and best avoided.

Perhaps I should reconsider.

Otherwise I am thinking of 20i.com and kualo who say if you ask they set up a cpanel just for domains which sounds friendly.

Thank you for the suggestions
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Dec-19 17:36:39
Print Post

I had assumed from the terrible reviews that they had gone to the bad since being taken over by godaddy and were now a large distant corporation that would be a nightmare in the event of any problems and best avoided.

Not as good as they used to be but still perfectly adequate and support when I needed it has been OK, just slower than it was (hours rather than minutes). The GoDaddy connection is a bit complicated; Tsohost merged with Vidahost to create Paragon Internet Group, Host Europe Group bought Paragon and Host Europe was subsequently acquired by GoDaddy.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 04-Feb-20 21:04:09
Print Post

Interesting, two votes for TSO host.
Hehe!

IIRC, both of them on my recommendation. See my sig! I also use 1 & 1 these days who as you say don't do this.

They now belong to GoDaddy, but definitely do what you ask for. For simple domain registration with free mail forwarding they are also quite cheap. Prices recently have been ex-Vat, unless they have a toggle button I haven't spotted, so just watch out for that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Feb-20 21:52:54
Print Post

Better not to forward mail and buy proper email hosting.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to