Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Thu 09-Jul-20 09:45:04
Print Post

Email Hosting - Transfer

[link to this post]

I have my own Domain Name which is hosted by TsoHost. Recently, I have been experiencing various email issues. Last week, one of my accounts wasn't receiving any emails. Yesterday and today, none of my email accounts will send emails via Gridhost. I note that there is a warning on the TsoHost website about Cloud issues.

I would be grateful for advice on how to transfer my Domain and to which host? I only use the Domain to provide personalised emails which allows me to switch ISPs as and when I like, My current ISP is AAISP and I have been with them for 2 years. Thanks.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Jul-20 10:01:35
Print Post

Re: Email Hosting - Transfer

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I can't recommend another host as I've been using TSOHost for several years. Having said that I had a major problem with email forwarding with them, which took them three months to resolve, which didn't happen until they got one relatively senior person on the case rather than lots of different people who all gave contradictory advice. The procedure for transferring the domain varies according to which registry it is with. UK domains have a different procedure but it's all pretty straightforward if you follow the rules, which you can easily find by Googling it (other search engines are available!)

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 09-Jul-20 17:18:26
Print Post

Re: Email Hosting - Transfer

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I am using ServerMX https://www.servermx.com/en/offer_smxalpha002.html#!

They have a "trial facility" which you can experiment with and then if happy migrate to a full service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to