General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 17:55:32
Print Post

Re: Rural Broadband - The Land that BT Forgot!

[re: wildgoose1uk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wildgoose1uk:
If it helps all the wires were in place when we moved in except for the actual phone line. For this we got BT to come and dig up the road. As far as I recall they were never in the house and only connected the line up at the grey box.
Must have been his apprentice...

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User wildgoose1uk
(learned) Wed 30-Mar-11 17:56:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Mostly differnet I think. The one with the solid blue and solid white wires is FO442.
Like Alwall says, that ain't the master.

There should be a master before it with 2 incoming wires going to terminals marked A and B and 3 outgoing wires blue, white and orange, connected to 2,5 and 3. - as Mr Saffron mentioned earlier.

There are no other sockets. There are five sockets in the house and the grey box outside. There are no boxes between the grey wire entering the bulding and disappearing into the garage ceiling. Photos of all five sockets are now online and noe appear to be the master socket.

I don't understand...........
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 17:57:02
Print Post

If it helps all the wires were in place when we moved in except for the actual phone line. For this we got BT to come and dig up the road. As far as I recall they were never in the house and only connected the line up at the grey box.
So, where's the master socket?!

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:01:30
Print Post

There are no other sockets. There are five sockets in the house and the grey box outside. There are no boxes between the grey wire entering the bulding and disappearing into the garage ceiling. Photos of all five sockets are now online and noe appear to be the master socket.

I don't understand...........
I see 4 numbers

FO442
FO518
FO332
FO426

(learned) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:12:33
Print Post

oops...... They are there now though:

FO442
FO518
FO332
FO426
FO525
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:20:35
Print Post

Did you ever have a problem with phones not ringing?

(learned) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:33:59
Print Post

No, although we only ever had the one plugged into a phone socket as it is a dect system.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:52:47
Print Post

Did you say earlier there's a box which is a bit inaccessible, or have we got *all* the boxes on flickr?

(learned) Wed 30-Mar-11 18:59:20
Print Post

Yep but I got to it so we have all 5.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 19:04:53
Print Post

You know that socket with the missing wire, if you remove the second of the pair - the blue? - do all the sockets stop working?

Maybe wait till your krone tool comes....

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to