General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mikesmotors
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-11 14:12:08
Print Post

Re: Rural Broadband - The Land that BT Forgot!

[re: wildgoose1uk] [link to this post]

Forgive me if I've misunderstood your post, but why not go with BT? Eclipse are just BT riders but if you have a problem with DBs (which most rural areas do, I had 80db+ last week which made the tech guy think his equipment was broken!) then you won't get much of a speed response from anyone other than BT. I was with Orange and everytime I lost broadband, they would blame BT and BT would blame Orange.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Apr-11 14:16:30
Print Post

[re: mikesmotors] [link to this post]

A problem with DB's - urm his attenuation is 43dB so no problem, 8Meg sync should be possible.

Orange has year on year been voted poor for customer service and speeds, so hardly one to judge the quality of switching to BT by.

BT Total has the same reporting/functionality available to it as any other provider, but often has many 1000's of support staff who only know what is on the script they read

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mikesmotors
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-11 19:30:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I agree, those foreign call centres where you repeat yourself and get asked to do things you've already tried a dozen times are a nightmare! But I live out in the country and broadband goes down a lot. Whilst on orange, if broadband went down and it was a line problem (but the phone lines were still working), BT would say it was Orange's problem/error/bug and Orange could do nothing to send an engineer out. Now I'm with BT, whenever broadband goes down, I spend 20-30 minutes in a pointless conversation with a useless "support" worker ... but at least at the end of it they say "an engineer will be out soon" - something other providers can't do as far as I've noticed having been with Orange and Sky.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to