General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Mar-11 14:38:37
Print Post

Re: Rural Broadband - The Land that BT Forgot!

[re: alwall] [link to this post]

That doesn't mean to say it is the BT master. In fact that sounds quite improbable.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 14:44:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by alwall:
It's a master according to the MK Logic Plus datasheet http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/MK/...
It's not wired as a master - there're 2 ring wires (orange) for a start.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User alwall
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:37:08
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

See my previous comment
[Vivaciti.
We are attempting to ascertain where the incoming BT line is connected, so the colour of the pairs is important.
AFAIK no socket has yet been identified as the "first on" (sic). What has been established is that a master socket (MK Logic Plus) has cable with solid colours connected despite there apparently being BT colour coded pairs elsewhere on the internal wiring. Only when the wiring inconsistencies are sorted out is it worth looking at improved filtering.
Perhaps wildgoose1uk could comment whether my summary is correct.
[/quote]

BTBroadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alwall
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:41:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That doesn't mean to say it is the BT master. In fact that sounds quite improbable.

I know, I'd love to nip round with an NTE5 and a reel of CW1308 !

BTBroadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:43:54
Print Post

See my previous comment
Yet you keep on saying it's a master, as if it was important. It's a red herring.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User alwall
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:54:42
Print Post

It is NOT a red herring, it's one part of the overall picture., which I have explained to you. Can you add anything useful which would help the OP sort out his possible wiring problem wihout being so offfhand with people?

BTBroadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:57:36
Print Post

It is NOT a red herring, it's one part of the overall picture., which I have explained to you. Can you add anything useful which would help the OP sort out his possible wiring problem wihout being so offfhand with people?
It's wired as an extension, so it being an MK Master socket is irrelevant. The master is probably external, imo, and that should be confirmed by the OP.

Standard User alwall
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 17:04:38
Print Post

I'd agree with you if it wasnt for the OP saying it's the first socket after the external junction box (Non NTE type). Hopefully a few more pics of the internal wiring of the junction box and other sockets might clarify things. Otherwise we can all conjecture with insufficient facts to go on!

BTBroadband
Standard User wildgoose1uk
(newbie) Tue 29-Mar-11 20:41:52
Print Post

I'll put up some more photos in the morning. I know I have seen some striped wires but need ot check where. From memory I think it could be the master bedroom.

Could the buildeers really have been clever enough to think of putting the master socket in the master bedroom?

If it is that socket then that is the one I messed up on with the orange wire and pulled a (I think) blue/white striped wire out too. The socket no longer works but the other sockets work. I wonder if this could have caused the db change.
Standard User wildgoose1uk
(newbie) Tue 29-Mar-11 20:44:03
Print Post

I'd agree with you if it wasnt for the OP saying it's the first socket after the external junction box (Non NTE type). Hopefully a few more pics of the internal wiring of the junction box and other sockets might clarify things. Otherwise we can all conjecture with insufficient facts to go on!

It is the closest socket to where the wire comes up through the floor from the garage but I suppose it is feasible that the builders did not follow a logical line.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to