General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:31:11
Print Post

Re: Time to move away from Plusnet?

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Funny. I always though bits of wood could be carefully cut out to release such cables frown. Brute force levering out is of course an idiotic thing for any contractor to do in this situation. Didn't you warn them too?

(As you are an expert I'd have thought you would have known how to spell "tenon". Elementary woodworking at school about 56 years ago taught me that. It isn't a typo as you did it twice).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User professor973
(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:33:27
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

My line is switched next Wednesday and MAC ready to fire immediately after, so any bills PN wish to push my way will have to be on paper. Direct Debit will be long stopped.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Perfect!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:40:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The engineer will not know whether a charge will be levied, they will fill in the job code that is appropriate for something like

Fixed drop cable break outside property inside premises boundary.

Back room people will then figure out whether to charge, and I'd suggest it is very likely. Then once you get the bill you have to pursue the council, who then pursue the contractor.

You can go around the loop you are stuck in currently for years and get no where.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:40:50
Print Post

Sorry for the typo RobertoS, put it down to a mixture of executive stress, senility and being a mind-numbing idiot (which you spotted) :} I just cannot stop some mis-spelling despite knowing better, or remember to check before pushing send.
I did woodwork around the same time Pre- Elf 'N Safety!
Nice to see the PN MAC is quicker these days!
Oh, I obviously pointed out the cable to fitters on a bonus system Not our problem Guv!

Edited by professor973 (Fri 29-Jun-12 15:43:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:42:58
Print Post

Zen Business Talk? No doubt very nice at £16.18pm line rental with no call package.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:46:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
...any bills PN wish to push my way will have to be on paper. Direct Debit will be long stopped.

Possibly legally binding though!
(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:58:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Zen Business Talk? No doubt very nice at £16.18pm line rental with no call package.

Yes, but £13.49p + VAT equalling £16.18 is better than the £17.48P I am paying PN on Market 1. No contract tie-in, no connection charge, per-second billing, 1.28p per minute daytime, 0.85p evenings and weekends. Not even rounding each call up to the next penny. Ideal in these days of Skype and Sipgate when I only make make a couple of chargeable calls a week on the land-=line. Then again, it could be about service.
http://www.zen.co.uk/business/voice/phone-services.a...
Edit:- Looks like I didn't check again :{

Edited by professor973 (Fri 29-Jun-12 16:13:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 16:27:08
Print Post

Rounding to the nearest, not always down. Unless the website is incorrectly worded. Also those are still ex-Vat.

I don't see where the PN price comes from. Looks like some form of bundle including broadband, and including vat.

You're edit doesn't tell us what you had missed smile. So meaningless.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 29-Jun-12 16:27:26)

(regular) Fri 29-Jun-12 16:36:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Rounding to the nearest, not always down. Unless the website is incorrectly worded. Also those are still ex-Vat.

I don't see where the PN price comes from. Looks like some form of bundle including broadband, and including vat.

You're edit doesn't tell us what you had missed smile. So meaningless.

Come on old man, surely even you can see the mess up I made (Land - = Line)
As the yanks say Do the math!
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9007/pnbill.jpg

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Jun-12 17:05:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
I am sorry, but I am not responsible for the actions of someone else, especially when I did all a reasonable person could to prevent it. It sounds like fun slashing other peoples phone wires and getting off scot-free As for all suppliers being the same, I suppose it would be no use telling you I had a ten minute response to a ticket from my next supplier, or that the repair is underway at no cost to me. If that is considered ranting, then so be it.

For what it is worth if it had been me, i would of done my best to have gotten it in writing from the council that if their contractor caused any damage to the phone line,they would agree to pay for any repair charges ,should i have to pay any as a direct result of the work being carried out,

the contractor would of also been warned too,before they took a crowbar to it

As said the telephony contract is between yourself and the provider , they can only bill the account holder, should your council refuse to re reimburse any charges made,
Then take them to the small claims court , or withhold the rent payments until they do

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to