General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jun-12 17:29:24
Print Post

Re: Time to move away from Plusnet?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

He's obviously under tension!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 18:03:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Ooooooo!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User professor973
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 10:01:34
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I quite understand the way the system works to the advantage of suppliers. The repair is booked and I am not having to pay.
The biggest problem as far as I am concerned is the Plusnet grasp of reality and the written word, though I am sure every reply being from a different person who does not think to check what has gone before is the main problem. As you can see, they are STILL prattling on about internal damage and faults. I am sorry if I am considered as ranting, but I find them impossible to work with and consider monies already paid to Zen & Freeola well spent.
Latest PN reply:-
"Your appointment for a BT engineer has been booked for Wednesday 4 July 2012.

Please let us know if this needs rearranging. Please note, should the BT engineer find the cause of the fault to be on your internal wiring or setup then a minimum charge of £60 will apply.

I am placing this question so that we can continue to monitor the fault, please do not hesitate to get back in touch by replying to this question if we can be of any further assistance in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Lisa Omar-Stinchcombe "

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family … Perfect!

Edited by professor973 (Sat 30-Jun-12 10:05:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 11:44:34
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I realise it is bad form to reply to ones own post, but I can't wait. When the OpenReach engineer phones prior to next Wednesdays Plusnet arranged visit, I will cancel it. After all, it seems PN have directed them to an internal fault or damage.
I should add that the job is already done, with no charge to me as previously stated.
Service or what? :—}
So much for the Plusnet £60 charge. If I had had to pay, a call-out alone is £119 with all work £95 per hour— Clueless!

Edited by professor973 (Sat 30-Jun-12 13:45:26)

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 12:18:55
Print Post

What happened then? Did the council send an Open Reach engineer to repair the damage with no cost to yourself?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 12:20:55
Print Post

Wouldn't it be more sensible to cancel it with PN immediately? Waiting for the engineer to call and cancelling it with him seems a very risky idea.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 12:48:46
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
What happened then? Did the council send an Open Reach engineer to repair the damage with no cost to yourself?

Nope.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 30-Jun-12 13:46:55)

(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 12:57:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Wouldn't it be more sensible to cancel it with PN immediately? Waiting for the engineer to call and cancelling it with him seems a very risky idea.

We are talking PN here, what has sense to do with it? I would not want to upset their chaos. How is it risky? they can't charge me for something not done, especially as I am about cancel the DD. I have just paid PN for a months broadband up front from the 25th, so they will owe me money.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:06:32
Print Post

Not too sure you know how the system works. It is not a Plusnet charge.

Plusnet are in the loop as your supplier however Openreach own and control the supply to your property. No ISP has any direct control of Openreach on a day to day basis, ISPs are just a conduit for any issues and report said issues requesting a visit. Whenever an Openreach engineer is requested by a user because of a fault there is the possibility of that Openreach will make a charge to the ISP, who will invariable pass that on to the end user.

This applies to all ISPs as Openreach must be even handed with all suppliers...this is a legal requirement. The ISP has done nothing wrong in advising you of of a possible charge, they would have been remiss in not doing so. No ISP could pass the charge to anyone to whom they have no contract.

As for the fault itself I would guess that Openreach would regard damage to their property on your land and by your landlord as chargeable....I find it hard to believe that they would not charge. There should never be a situation where Openreach does for one ISP what it would not do for another so if nobody is getting charged for this work the same would have applied to Plusnet. If Openreach repaired the fault due to a direct order from your Council all well and good,........... I guess they will get any bill if raised.

As regard this term internal fault it a general term as damage caused on your property is not a usual situation whereas problems pass the NTE5 are, I am sure the engineer would have assesd the situation on the visit.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:09:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
In reply to a post by 4M2:

Nope — Sent by a phone supplier!

Not that sure that Openreach would look too kindly on that unless they sanctioned it.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to