General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:19:18
Print Post

Re: Time to move away from Plusnet?

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

I thought for a moment a phone supplier had fixed it then I see that an Openreach engineer was used so ignore that last post.

I can only assume the phone supplier placed the order directly with Openreach and will be paying directly any charge or if not chargeable the same would have applied on the PN visit.

As I said, Openreach must treat all ISPs in the same manner.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User professor973
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:44:04
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

Yes, the systems in place tie us up pretty well to their scandalously high charges. I am not one to evade what is due, but am not happy about possibly paying those prices when not at fault. My biggest problem is customer services that keep repeating drivel from the same crib-sheet regardless of what they are told.
Anyway, problem solved with no rules or laws broken Onward and upward.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Perfect!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:48:01
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I repeat! Cancel the engineer visit with PN. As sadoldman says, they may get charged, and would almost certainly pass it on to you.

Cancelling the d/d is irrelevant. Or do you enjoy hassle?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:53:17
Print Post

Openreach will also charge an Abortive Visit Charge when:
Order cancellation charges are not applicable but appointments are cancelled or delayed after the contractual cancellation window. Each late appointment cancellation or delay, whether originated by End User, Communications provider or engineer ring ahead, will be charged for separately.
I suggest that the time the engineer calls you is outside the contractual cancellation window. Note - it says so! (Engineer ring ahead).

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 13:57:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I repeat! Cancel the engineer visit with PN. As sadoldman says, they may get charged, and would almost certainly pass it on to you.

Thrive on it!

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 14:05:19
Print Post

It would be good if PN assigned small teams to deal with technical issues who can become familiar with an ongoing ticket. In the past, when trying to get a fault sorted by PN, I never communicated with the same person twice and, to cut a long story short, the only fix was to move to another ISP.

Please cancel your Open Reach engineers visit with PN soon though, the cancelled slot may be invaluable to somebody, perhaps with a disability or medical condition, who is dependant on a phone line.
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 14:16:08
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

You could be right regarding someone else needing the slot. Moving away from PN was my answer to endless circles. They should stick to comedy videos, or scrap them and use the cash for customer service training. That is with the notable exception of the few sterling PN individuals that help here, possibly all that is holding the ship together. All I could get from them was 'Internal fault and £60 charge' endlessly repeated, which is a world away from over £200 for an hours work.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 30-Jun-12 14:38:22)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 14:48:01
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
It would be good if PN assigned small teams to deal with technical issues who can become familiar with an ongoing ticket.

They do. I myself had a ticket through the ADSL2+ upgrade. Same guy throughout. Very helpful. I had to stick to my guns on a few points (e.g. forcing the line to 3dB, when he thought 6dB would be better), but otherwise a decent, if drawn out experience.

Sadly, the BT line reset, sync reset, profile reset (I forget which is which) added lots of waiting to the game.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 30-Jun-12 15:49:34
Print Post

Reading your posts you still don't seem to grasp the concept that the ISPs are contractually obligated to state about the " Please note, should the BT engineer find the cause of the fault to be on your internal wiring or setup then a minimum charge of £60 will apply. " bit. You seem to be taking it as some sort of personal afront that they mention this when they HAVE to state it because it is required by BT/Openreach before they send an engineer.

It DOES NOT matter that you have stated what happened, they still have to state it, because if the engineer turns up and finds the fault isn't what you said they have to be covered to charge the repair cost.

I kind of feel sorry for Zen, god help them if you need to log a fault call with them, you'll no doubt be moving to a new ISP when they have to state the exact same thing should an engineer be required.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:06:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:

Thrive on it!
So you are going to ignore the Openreach Price List quote I gave you in this post?

You stand a very high chance of an irrefutable charge from Plusnet. You are deliberately allowing a callout to go ahead when you know the problem has been solved.

crazy

(Or are you quietly going to cancel the callout because of what 4M2 said?)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to