General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:15:02
Print Post

Re: Time to move away from Plusnet?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Reading your posts you still don't seem to grasp the concept that the ISPs are contractually obligated to state about the " Please note, should the BT engineer find the cause of the fault to be on your internal wiring or setup then a minimum charge of £60 will apply. " bit. You seem to be taking it as some sort of personal afront that they mention this when they HAVE to state it because it is required by BT/Openreach before they send an engineer.

It DOES NOT matter that you have stated what happened, they still have to state it, because if the engineer turns up and finds the fault isn't what you said they have to be covered to charge the repair cost.

I kind of feel sorry for Zen, god help them if you need to log a fault call with them, you'll no doubt be moving to a new ISP when they have to state the exact same thing should an engineer be required.

And you can't grasp that the Plusnet claim of a £60 charge, when the reality is £119 call-out plus £95 per hour is so wide of the mark it's verging on incompetence.
I have already stated I understand the system, but all I could get from PN, was a constantly repeated '£60 for internal faults' when we were talking an outside problem. There repetitive reply could easily be taken to mean no charge for outside repairs. Anyway, I will in my opinion be well rid.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Perfect!
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:21:00
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

camieabz,

Is your adsl2+ upstream sync capped at 448K? I called PN sales the other day and was told that if I had a 21CN deal with them, possibly "extra" with a "pro" add on (which I had with them before with an uncapped adsl1 upstream sync) my upstream sync would be capped at 448K. According to sales the only way to get the upstream sync uncapped would be if there was a line fault or something like that...
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:25:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by professor973:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I repeat! Cancel the engineer visit with PN. As sadoldman says, they may get charged, and would almost certainly pass it on to you.

Cancelling the d/d is irrelevant. Or do you enjoy hassle?
Thrive on it!
So you are going to ignore the Openreach Price List quote I gave you in this post?

You stand a very high chance of an irrefutable charge from Plusnet. You are deliberately allowing a callout to go ahead when you know the problem has been solved.

crazy

(Or are you quietly going to cancel the callout because of what 4M2 said?)

So you are going to ignore my reply Here
Please stop sniping, I am big enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions in life, especially when faced with anoraks. That is not intended toward you personally, but the know-all mentality of fora in general. People should not worry about me getting a bill that I would never pay anyway, though having an Openreach cousin helps ... Advice only of course ;}

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:37:52
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Suggested reading for Plusnet staff.
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricin...

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:58:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
So you are going to ignore my reply Here
Please stop sniping, I am big enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions in life, especially when faced with anoraks. That is not intended toward you personally, but the know-all mentality of fora in general. People should not worry about me getting a bill that I would never pay anyway, though having an Openreach cousin helps ... Advice only of course ;}
I don't see how I can be ignoring it, seeing as I specifically refer to it. However, although you acknowledge he has a point, you don't say that you are taking any action.

The fact you replied to that and not to my post about the almost inevitable charge implies you ignored mine, big boy. I considered that very rude when genuinely trying to help you.

I'm afraid that refusal to pay a legitimate charge, especially when you had the opportunity to prevent it occurring, doesn't carry much weight in law. It merely makes debt-collectors and bad credit report entries likely.

You just raised an interesting question. Who repaired your cable break? An Openreach engineer called out by Zen, or your cousin? I fail to see how he could prevent a charge through legitimate processes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 17:43:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'm afraid that refusal to pay a legitimate charge, especially when you had the opportunity to prevent it occurring, doesn't carry much weight in law. It merely makes debt-collectors and bad credit report entries likely.

were you lucky enough to be born such a nauseating pain in the backside, or did you study. I have already stated I did everything possible to pre-empt damage, so can you tell me Mr. clever-cloggs, what was the every opportunity I had to prevent it.
I have already stated I have no problem with charges where they are due, and that my biggest gripe was Plusnet incompetence, by continually referring to a charge of £60 for faulty or damaged wiring or equipment inside the property. This is so wide of the actual charges that it is incompetence in my book. I am sure they are not forced by law and B.T. to quote that absurd figure. Continually stating that and nothing else, implies there is no charge for work outside the property.
I have made these points over and over again, but despite considering yourself the high priest of TBB, you still don't grasp it. It is amazing the support that even a rubbish enterprise can foster with a little pyramid selling.
Before you make unfounded claims about my repair, I suggest you arm yourself with the facts. When I said my visit was booked through the proper channels, I meant it. It is no good throwing your dummy out of your pram just because it is not costing me. All of which is beside the point that my council had stated they would cover any bill I did get, a fact that could be checked via the Council phone number I supplied Oh dear, the forum police removed it.
That is all from me on the subject, you will have to pontificate among yourselves.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 30-Jun-12 17:44:29)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 18:48:24
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
camieabz,

Is your adsl2+ upstream sync capped at 448K? I called PN sales the other day and was told that if I had a 21CN deal with them, possibly "extra" with a "pro" add on (which I had with them before with an uncapped adsl1 upstream sync) my upstream sync would be capped at 448K. According to sales the only way to get the upstream sync uncapped would be if there was a line fault or something like that...

I'm on Extra, Pro uncapped at 1 Meg. I got it uncapped about a month before the change to ADSL2+ as a courtesy from Plusnet for another reason (not a PN foul-up). Generally the uncapped on ADSL1 is 'Max Premium' and costs £7.83pm (apparently a BT charge, passed through to the ADSL1 customers). See a similar thread in the PN section from 12-18 months ago, where I moaned a bit about the Max Premium costs.

As I understand it, Plusnet will switch you to uncapped on request, but there's a queuing system, and they're basically doing it on a first come, first serve basis. Try posting in PN section of PM'ig a PN rep and they might raise a ticket for you.

Uncapped ADSL2+ should be free by the way.

Don't pay too much attention to sales, or the front line staff when chatting about the technologies and techie stuff. Ask to talk to the faults team. I imagine the cost and time for switching folk for no financial gain isn't in any ISP's interests, so they probably don't want a rush.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.

Edited by camieabz (Sat 30-Jun-12 18:51:03)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 30-Jun-12 19:11:57
Print Post

You seem to be getting more and more irate and irrational. Also unnecessarily and childishly insulting.

All my recent posts about Plusnet being likely to charge arise from
I realise it is bad form to reply to ones own post, but I can't wait. When the OpenReach engineer phones prior to next Wednesdays Plusnet arranged visit, I will cancel it. After all, it seems PN have directed them to an internal fault or damage.
I should add that the job is already done, with no charge to me as previously stated.
which you still haven't said you will be cancelling earlier than the engineer's call ahead. Your reply to 4M2 was not indicative that you were, it merely acknowledged he had a point.

The earlier debate about a potential charge from PN , before the job had been done, was killed off long ago. Furthermore, in a very early post you asked about PN:- "Can they not read?". It appears you can but don't bother, and also comprehensively fail to comprehend what your eyes transmit to your brain.

Other extracts from your posts:-

1) Agitated reply to Plusnet.
2) Reply (to Plusnet, your bold and shouting) from angry user that cannot leave quick enough!
God give me strength. Are all Plusnet employees totally ignorant? What the hell do you mean a charge will be made if a fault is found with my internal wiring? I HAVE TOLD YOU MY DROPLEAD OUTSIDE MY BACK DOOR HAS BEEN SEVERED BY A DOOR REPLACEMENT ENGINEER FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Can you not read? It is little wonder I cannot wait to get away from Plusnet. Zen cannot come quick enough for me I'm afraid.

Wow!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 19:25:51
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

camieabz,

Thanks for the info - really appreciate it smile

I had the upstream sync on adsl1 uncapped a year or so back by PN due to problems uploading video files that were any larger than 100MB - the uncapping was suggested by me as an attempt to give the uploads a bit more impetus, PN agreed, no additional costs were imposed and the ticket was closed. Coincidentally or by design uploading large files was no longer a problem smile

Actually I'd rather have adsl+2 upstream uncapping agreed before returning to PN even on a monthly deal though...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Jun-12 19:26:28
Print Post

Closed

[re: knerdz] [link to this post]

To avoid people declaring world war three

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to