General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 07-Dec-12 23:04:40
Print Post

Re: Time for a change?

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Not lazy. Just wrong smile. Like saying you are going to buy an iPod when you mean an iPhone.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.7/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 08-Dec-12 18:53:15
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Good luck. I was able to get reasonable speeds, the same as my old provider using SKY, so expect you will too.

Once FTTC comes to you, the next choice is to spend the same money again (saving) to have even greater speed.

I am now paying the same for phone/bb that I paid when I had adsl 512K 10 years ago but now have unlimited calls and 40M down/10 up.. go figure.

IanD
Standard User Skilty
(newbie) Sat 08-Dec-12 20:33:08
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
Good luck. I was able to get reasonable speeds, the same as my old provider using SKY, so expect you will too.

Once FTTC comes to you, the next choice is to spend the same money again (saving) to have even greater speed.

I am now paying the same for phone/bb that I paid when I had adsl 512K 10 years ago but now have unlimited calls and 40M down/10 up.. go figure.

I was thinking this today smile The great ting (from what I can see) is that Sky Fibre is unlimited, most of the other ISP are putting a usage cap on, so I will upgrade if it is worth it. Not sure what speed I will get on my line until March/April...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to