General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fig
(experienced) Mon 02-Dec-13 08:20:24
Print Post

Re: Which ISP for Market 1/ADSL Max only?

[re: jamiemat] [link to this post]

PlusNet again smile

Me and the missus work from home, kids are online all the time, streaming, etc, most months I'm 200Gb+ and have topped 400Gb a couple of times and not had any issues.

Worth checking your exchange to see if it's showing degraded performance, etc as the one I'm on is full and they are still building houses nearby so it could get worse. I have the occasion issue streaming at peak time (a little bit of buffering here and there) but nothing major.

plusnet 4/11/2003 -> 4/3/2009 512Kb-2Mb
O2 Standard LLU 4/3/2009 -> 23/6/2009 ~3Mb O2 Access 13/7/2009 -> 22/6/2010 ~8Mb
plusnet 22/6/2010 -> ?? ~8MB
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Dec-13 09:01:47
Print Post

While no one can give a guarantee based on the wordings of their policies as they stand, that should not be an issue.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 02-Dec-13 09:40:30
Print Post

I think what MrSaffron meant by "something in the 200-300GB while above average would not be noticed at all" was that in the overall BT scheme these days it is a drop in the ocean. You will be fine with your new 600GB or so.

Depending on the connection speed, you may have buffering problems if you are all going at the same time. Have a read of this page about PlusNet prioritisation. Also the 20/21CN live graphs at the bottom of this page.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 02-Dec-13 09:49:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 02-Dec-13 13:01:48
Print Post

[re: fig] [link to this post]

PlusNet email today:-
Service: Broadband
Posted: Mon, Dec 02 2013 at 11:44:28
Subject: Increase in 20CN and 21CN Broadband Capacity - Monday 2nd December

We will shortly be increasing the capacity of our IPSC (20CN) broadband host links by a further 1340Mbps. It's these host links that we use to deliver bandwidth to customers provisioned on an 'Up to 8Mbps' 20CN product.
Must be picking up a lot of "ADSL Max only" customers for some reason, the last upgrade was much smaller.
Posted: Tue, Oct 01 2013 at 10:19:14
Subject: Increase in 20CN and 21CN Broadband Capacity - Tuesday 1st October

We will shortly be increasing the capacity of our IPSC (20CN) broadband host links by a further 280Mbps. It's these host links that we use to deliver bandwidth to customers provisioned on an 'Up to 8Mbps' 20CN product.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 02-Dec-13 13:09:03)

Standard User martinsq
(regular) Tue 03-Dec-13 23:49:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Must be picking up a lot of "ADSL Max only" customers for some reason,

Obvious reason: very little choice for ADSL Max only subscribers, which are often Market 1 victims too.
PlusNet has good service / reputation and will match BT / other ISP prices, so why go anywhere else ?
Regards,
Martin
(Market 1 victim, still on ADSL Max, BT canceled March 21CN upgrade...!)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to