General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Wed 05-Feb-14 21:43:04
Print Post

Re: Thoughts on new ISP please.

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Hope it settles down well mate. Zen will look after you if you have any problems.

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User bigbadpirate
(regular) Mon 10-Feb-14 18:58:38
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

been with zen over 10 years and all i will say to your comment is LOL. BTs network might be out of their hands but over 6 weeks with intermittent internet and today i get a "it's contention", pulled straight out of a magicians hat. not a mention before today. not once. anyway IDGAF, i pay zen and don't want to hear any [censored] excuses blaming BT whether it is their fault or not - deal with it like it should have been dealt with 5 and a half weeks ago.

when it takes 6 weeks to solve a problem (still unresolved) people should not be recommending them on any forums because the real test of a company is when problems occur and not when everything is running smothly and zen internet are failing in my opinion, failing on a big scale. i'll compare them to the old bt openworld thats linked in your sig and i think most of the country remembers how bad they were.

zen have become just like the rest they are not the company they were 10 years ago by a long long way. you take your chance like you would with any other company that's not charging a premium price.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 10-Feb-14 19:04:37)

Standard User bigbadpirate
(regular) Thu 13-Feb-14 14:45:15
Print Post

[re: bigbadpirate] [link to this post]

Looking back on this post I was a little angry (understatement) when i posted, Zen were doing everything they could to help whilst I didn't want to hear it at the time their hands are tied and in fairness they managed to get someone from within BT to help. Intermittent fault so I know from my own work they can be hard to track down. They did their best to diagnose the problem before BT engineers were called out to save myself from incurring BT call out charges. If I'd have insisted they called out BT and took the charges they might have imposed it would have taken a good 3 weeks less to get to the bottom of the original problem. The truth is who knows where I'd have been with the likes of some of the other ISPs.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Thu 13-Feb-14 14:46:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to