General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Sun 01-May-16 10:30:47
Print Post

Re: Searching for new FTTC ISP

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
In reply to a post by MrMoo:
Do you know if you can increase from 100Gb to 200Gb etc during the contract term or are you fixed at what you select at the outset?

Yes, you can go up from the package you start on and back down to that within the first 12 months. After that time, you can change around as you please.

If you are already on BT Fibre, is there any cost to migrate? Pulse8 charge £75 regardless. If there is no fee, could be tempted by this now. Rates are good.

£11 - the cost BT charge for migrations.

Would I be better to pick up an openreach modem and separate router?

Generally not. There are some really good all in one routers on the market these days, that do have good hardware. We offer two ZyXEL routers which are on the approved modem/router list from Openreach and work well.

Matt

Thanks Matt. The routers you mention, are they subsidised? They seem cheaper than most places! Only thing missing is VPN support that I can see, but my server can do that for me as it is now I guess.
£11 transfer in is certainly more palatable!
Good to know you can change allowances so I could join on 500Gb and monitor my usage fora couple of months and adjust to save a few pounds when I know my usage pattern. As I am unmetered on BT, they don't allow you to see how much you use so have no idea!
Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Sun 01-May-16 10:42:02
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Pulse8 sorted my long term line problem that needed a repair that freeola/Zen did not. After the repair, Pulse8 said I still had noise and errors on my line, so I was set on an interleave depth of 64 and snr of 12db, though according to some here it must be my fault lol.
When I moved to Uno, I took the same resold TTB LLU, but find I have a trouble free line. There was a £5 saving over Pulse8 for ADSL2+ which I downgraded to from FTTC prior to the switch, as Uno FTTC TTB LLU is not quite up and running yet, though FTTC is available from them if you have a BT line. There was also a superb control panel which allows profile control, it's own BQM similar to the TBB one and call records with a complete breakdown on when calls made. I have found the Uno tech knowledge and customer service superb with a slight edge over Pulse8, but totally recommend Pulse8 if their packages suit you. The only thing that gives me itchy feet at the moment is waiting to get back to FTTC - My BQM is superb and hanging onto 3db target with the Billion 7800N.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/69baefcce1e...
http://postimg.org/image/3qfiprytt/
http://postimg.org/image/exygs4cup/
http://postimg.org/image/kllk8des1/

Have to confess a lot of that went over my head, but get the gist I think :-/
Once you're in a contract with them though, you can upgrade the 'coming soon' plan without paying out your current plan can you?
Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Sun 01-May-16 10:45:16
Print Post

Matt,
Can you give us any kind of indication of how long 'coming soon' is?
Are we talking days, weeks, months? You know you want to!
Just a little hint wink
Would be sick to sign up and for a couple of weeks later, the new plan is available.
I've only got a couple of weeks before BT remove my discounted tariff and want to jump before then.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-May-16 14:51:14
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian007jen:
looks like it's PN for another year when that renewal time

I found that plusnet would offer me no discount when I came to renew (on my 20CN exchange)

Contracts up in October so here's hoping PN's COT are in better form at that time, they were in 2015. smile

plusnet user
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-May-16 15:02:10
Print Post

[re: MrMoo] [link to this post]

They are at the cost you pay, and they're yours to keep. Unbranded, stock firmware and not locked.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Sun 01-May-16 15:37:33
Print Post

they're yours to keep. Unbranded, stock firmware and not locked.

available to non-customers?
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-May-16 15:38:02
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Not at this time.

They have to be ordered with a connection.

Matt

uno Communications
Standard User Icaras
(committed) Sun 01-May-16 17:33:26
Print Post

You'd also need to find out where your fibre headend is (unless you're on a large exchange which is likely to also be the headend), as you may find that actually everyone has backhaul to it, Vodafone and Zen for example. Even though at your local exchange they may not.
Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Mon 02-May-16 21:35:51
Print Post

Matt, I understand my migration costs from BT to current Uno fibre is £11. Will it be different when the new plan (TTB) is launched? i.e. BTW to TTB?
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-May-16 14:38:19
Print Post

It will be but I cannot confirm anything until we launch.

Matt

uno Communications
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to