General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-May-16 14:59:16
Print Post

Re: Searching for new FTTC ISP

[re: edwin11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by edwin11:
Very good comments.Imay just go Plusnet Fibre with TCB.Iwish Uno never mentioned TTB unlimited.Why can they not give a rough idea is it days weeks or months so frustrating

Simply because we were provided a time frame, which TTB didn't, or couldn't complete by. This is why we are not giving another date having being burnt once.

It will be a great product once released, that we do know.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 15:31:11
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Ok i can understand the time limits now you have explained it.What you must have an idea about is pricing that must have been agreed.Are we talking £25 to £35 or £35-£45 including line rental.

Edited by edwin11 (Wed 25-May-16 15:32:49)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-May-16 15:51:38
Print Post

Pulse8 do the same TTB FTTC resold LLU product with no tie in if you really have to move quick, though not sure what the fine details of the Uno product will be - Contract tie-in I suspect - Not a problem with a decent supplier.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 17:20:39
Print Post

Ok i can understand the time limits now you have explained it.What you must have an idea about is pricing that must have been agreed.Are we talking £25 to £35 or £35-£45 including line rental.

So going by Matts comments, I'll take a guess and suggest it was initially expected much sooner than 6 months as it clearly missed the original deadline some time ago. Makes me feel it might be rather close now? Maybe just an optimist?

Pricing ball park would be good to know, but taking a wild stab, I suspect its going to be a couple £ either side of Pulse8. i.e. 36-40 for 40/10 and 42-46 for 80/20. Going by the Talk Surf, I'd side on the lower side wink
My finger was about to press the order button on pulse8, but maybe should just hold off a little while longer (oh boy it better be a good package!)... I'm at the end of my BT Contract so on rolling month so not quite in edwin11s time pressured decision timeframe. Arggghhh!

Edited by MrMoo (Wed 25-May-16 17:23:03)

Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 17:35:39
Print Post

[re: MrMoo] [link to this post]

Right i think i have made my mind up.Going Uno Talksurf ADSL them onto Fibre if reasonable cost.Also if it is ok to do it,and wonder if that would be a free migration to Fibre from ADSL.Or of course something else may pop up tomorrow.

Edited by edwin11 (Wed 25-May-16 17:37:20)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-May-16 17:56:27
Print Post

Well my latency on Uno TTB Talk and Surf is the lowest I have ever had, trotting along at 3db target snr. the same resold product via Pulse8 was I told full of errors, so I was set at 12db target and an interleaving depth of 64.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6f9edb50f9c...

Compare that to our nightmare EE service 400 miles north at our other property.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/d6542ad9108...

Edited by professor973 (Wed 25-May-16 17:56:57)

Standard User maniac886
(committed) Wed 25-May-16 18:37:16
Print Post

The main thing with me is BT have given me 30 days to move,now down to 20 days ,i am not sure what to do, am tempted by Uno Talksurf Adsl just to get me thro until their TTB unlimited is announced.Or wait for feedback by the many people going over to SSE.Decisions Decisions

I have just made the decision to switch to SSE from BT. No one can touch the price at £21 for Fibre and unlimited anytime calls/line rental. You can also get £136.50 cashback from topcashback which brings the cost to £13.42pm. Even if they throttle the connection the price is just too good to ignore.

Plusnet
200m to cabinet
72.15MB/s down / 16.03MB/s up
Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 18:42:55
Print Post

[re: maniac886] [link to this post]

Good price but no use at all if you get constant drop outs and slow speeds as been reported.Sounds to good to be true.hope it works out for you tho.
Standard User MrMoo
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 22:18:25
Print Post

Right i think i have made my mind up.Going Uno Talksurf ADSL them onto Fibre if reasonable cost.Also if it is ok to do it,and wonder if that would be a free migration to Fibre from ADSL.Or of course something else may pop up tomorrow.

You may already be aware, but unlike SSE, BT and others, you need to prevision your own modem/router equipment for Uno. BTs router won't work so you may need to factor the cost of equipment in too. Uno offer excellent subsidised prices on modem/routers (price list in this thread somewhere) or just a quick hop over to ebay for a cheaper alternative.

I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade cost to move back to Fibre from ADSL and its something in the region of £40 to £55 from memory, but may be different on the new plans when they arrive. That cost should be easily covered by the saving ADSL for a couple of months will save you though.

Apologies if you knew all this anyway, but thought best to make sure you are aware.
Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Wed 25-May-16 23:11:31
Print Post

[re: MrMoo] [link to this post]

Thank you for your valued info.The problem is i dont have all the information i need to make a definate choice.with a limited time to hang about.Anyway did you press that button to signup with Pulse8 or are you still pondering.Bought a Billion ADSL/VDSL router to cover both alternatives.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to