General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Mon 30-May-16 10:35:57
Print Post

Re: Searching for new FTTC ISP

[re: MrMoo] [link to this post]

17th here too signed up last thing Saturday otherwise another weekend to add to time taking me very close to BT deadline.Speed only quoted as 8 Mb/s so nowhere near your fast lane speeds.
Standard User MrMoo
(learned) Sat 04-Jun-16 11:28:41
Print Post

[re: edwin11] [link to this post]

Just been on the phone to BT to get PAC code for mobile.
Still trying to offer deals to stay @ £10 pm + line for Infinity 1. Not bad, but still refusing.

Interestingly, they can see where I'm migrating to and have twice said its Daisy. If they had have said TTB I would have understood more, but Daisy? Where do they fit in? I know they do SSE under the covers but I thought they where an alternative to TTB and BTw?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jun-16 11:33:10
Print Post

I think Daisy as well as doing backhaul products for ISPs are now also doing "retail packages" based on BTW for them, just as Entanet have for many years.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrMoo
(learned) Sat 04-Jun-16 18:19:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok. Do they do TTB too? I thought Uno ADSL2+ was TTB based.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jun-16 18:53:34
Print Post

Re: Searching for new FTTC ISP *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User edwin11
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-16 23:24:17
Print Post

Only use Daisy when no TTB at the exchange i presume.SSE newbies seem to be having trouble with speeds already,glad i resisted.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-16 09:48:38
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

This is what I've been saying for a while now. No requirement for super fast fibre. Just a CONSISTANT 20mbps would suit the majority of households with a better upload speed than ADSL.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User MrMoo
(learned) Tue 07-Jun-16 11:48:22
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Thats what I'm banking on when I switch back to ADSL2 with Uno. Unless my understanding of my router stats during a recent streaming extravaganza test are incorrect, adsl2 should cope admirably with almost anything my household are likely to throw at it.
according to dslchecker I should be getting somewhere in the range on 12 to 16Mbp/s. its just the slow upload which is the downside.
Should be adequate until talk surf fibre eventually turns up and maybe longer. Time will tell. Nice little saving in the meantime.
Standard User MrMoo
(learned) Fri 17-Jun-16 07:52:11
Print Post

So, the day or reckoning is here :-/. BT Fibre has gone off and waiting for Uno to turn on ADSL2+.
Account status saying pending still on Uno portal, and DSL light flashing on Vigor 120, so I guess just a waiting game now.
Luckily, my new router is doing a fab job of fail over and is giving me internet via Vodafone 4g so I can work from home today smile
Standard User MrMoo
(learned) Fri 17-Jun-16 08:43:09
Print Post

Superb! I'm on Xilo!!! Just burst into life.
That was much quicker than expected.
So my fears of changing from FTTC to ADSL2+ being a slightly weird scenario has gone super smooth. Now to find out if I can get away with the speed drop.

Still saying pending on Uno account and no phone ringing when I call my number. I can call out and it shows my number on the screen though, but still early in the day

Edited by MrMoo (Fri 17-Jun-16 08:48:01)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to