General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:14:34
Print Post

Re: Idnet or Now TV?

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

You are starting to sound fishy, so make a decision already!
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 21:27:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

What are you on about? I didn't realise asking questions of those who have experience of these providers meant you 'sounded fishy'. Not much of a forum if that's the case.
Standard User smurf46
(committed) Sat 01-Apr-17 23:23:34
Print Post

Yep, forgot the call package on my subscription.

In reply to a post by markyr74:
Why would you leave them just because of having a poor line?

Cost/benefit. The benefits of the reliability, low latency, absence of packet loss and speed of IDNet's own network often don't flow through on my line due to the poor state of the local loop. A cheaper service might therefore perform as well. But I'm actually thinking of A&A to see whether their diagnostic skills can help to get a better performance from the local loop, as their caps aren't a problem for me.

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spl
(newbie) Sat 01-Apr-17 23:48:45
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Thanks to the help from IDNET I recieved another reply from BT Openreach:
'I have received the response regarding the exchange congestion issue at the Glen Ceiriog exchange. As you have advised, the 20cn capacity is exhausted and there are no plans to increase that. The relief project to bring 21cn in is scheduled for enablement in July 2017 with residual migrations of customer circuits to be completed by October2017.

I appreciate this this means the issue wont be resolved until summer this year at the earliest, but hope this does reassure you that the exchange will be improved.

Please can you advise if you are happy for the case to be closed'

BT say they had no idea my exchange was congested until I forwarded IDNET response that they had from BT Wholesale, I wonder how many other exchanges are in the same boat. No can't close the case.....
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Sun 02-Apr-17 11:57:36
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by smurf46:
Yep, forgot the call package on my subscription.

Why would you leave them just because of having a poor line?

Cost/benefit. The benefits of the reliability, low latency, absence of packet loss and speed of IDNet's own network often don't flow through on my line due to the poor state of the local loop. A cheaper service might therefore perform as well. But I'm actually thinking of A&A to see whether their diagnostic skills can help to get a better performance from the local loop, as their caps aren't a problem for me.

I see, my line is great, I had really decent ADSL. Unfortunately my line is direct to the exchange, so when they upgraded us to Fibre, they as per the Open Reach norm plonked the Fibre CAB on the pavement right outside the exchange, hence my 33mbps max.
My other concern is price rises, because Sky doesn't mind rising prices mid contract, I'm going to guess Idnet doesn't do that?
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 02-Apr-17 12:15:56
Print Post

Their prices seem to be stable, IIRC AAISP is expensive but they have dropped their prices in the past, They offer basically 1 price for all - which is the way all ISP's should be IMO
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Sun 02-Apr-17 15:12:52
Print Post

[re: Nikos_IDNet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nikos_IDNet:
Hi Markyr74,

Thanks for considering IDNet!

I just wanted to make some clarifications regarding our company and customer service.

We offer technical support via telephone 24/7, sales and account support its from 0800 - 1800 Monday to Friday. You can reach us on free phone 0800 331 7000 and [email protected]

With regards to LLU Import:

If your service is currently on the Openreach network then the Migration from your current ISP over to IDNet is free.

If your service is with an LLU provider, so not on the Openreach network, we would have to import your telephone line back over to the Openreach network to provide you with a service. This import will cost £75 ex VAT if it's from Sky or TalkTalk.

If you are migrating over from Virgin it will cost £125 as a new line installation on the Openreach network would be required.

Kind regards,

Nikos
IDNet Support

Hi Nikos, is the 24/7 telephone technical support UK based and available to home broadband users? And are their any call connection call charges on the standard pay as you use home telephone package?
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Apr-17 05:01:57
Print Post

[re: Spl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spl:
BT say they had no idea my exchange was congested until I forwarded IDNET response that they had from BT Wholesale, I wonder how many other exchanges are in the same boat. No can't close the case.....
I can't see that you have much alternative to waiting for 21CN. The decision appears to have been made to replace 20CN entirely with 21CN. With around six months to go until 20CN is discontinued at your exchange, there seems little prospect of BT Wholesale being persuaded to provide further capacity on an obsolescent system based around old technology (ATM) and hardware. It is surely better that resources are focused instead on the roll out of 21CN (MPLS Ethernet) based products, even though that might mean congestion issues remain until 21CN is available.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User Nikos_IDNet
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 14:40:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Nikos_IDNet:

Hi Nikos, is the 24/7 telephone technical support UK based and available to home broadband users? And are their any call connection call charges on the standard pay as you use home telephone package?

Hi Markyr74,

All our support is UK based and available to all our customers, business and residential alike.

Our standard Line Rental only telephone service (with no call package) has a call setup fee of 8p +VAT or 9.6p inc VAT.

Nikos
IDNet Support
Standard User Spl
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 22:17:40
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
In reply to a post by Spl:
I can't see that you have much alternative to waiting for 21CN. The decision appears to have been made to replace 20CN entirely with 21CN. With around six months to go until 20CN is discontinued at your exchange, there seems little prospect of BT Wholesale being persuaded to provide further capacity on an obsolescent system based around old technology (ATM) and hardware. It is surely better that resources are focused instead on the roll out of 21CN (MPLS Ethernet) based products, even though that might mean congestion issues remain until 21CN is available.

Hi, I have started a new thread about this here
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/btsupplier/f/453854...

Edited by Spl (Mon 03-Apr-17 23:17:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to