General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 08-Apr-17 10:30:54
Print Post

Re: Idnet or Now TV? *DELETED*

[re: markyr74] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 08-Apr-17 12:15:50
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Post removed due to breaking forum rules on foul/inappropriate language.

Poster is welcome to repost their dissatisfaction with a provider, but only if they keep the wording clean and PG

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Sat 08-Apr-17 14:23:31
Print Post

Re: Idnet or Now TV?

Hmm if I pay the old me rental for the year in advance for Plusnet, I only have to pay £8 a month plus call charges for fibre BB!! We don't use the phone enough to warrant a call package. It's just the 2mbs upload speeds.... but that's one temtpting price and £10 a month less then I pay BT.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 09-Apr-17 04:59:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

how are you measuring quality when speedtests are only x6 threaded?

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:02:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Post removed due to breaking forum rules on foul/inappropriate language.

Poster is welcome to repost their dissatisfaction with a provider, but only if they keep the wording clean and PG

Fair comment and apologies.

I just put my cancellation in, No point in this super fibre if the wifi is so rubbish it can't reach upstairs, speeds through Ethernet are about a 1/4 and you are not allowed to use anything else.

The TV will be staying though - I like that part very much smile
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:04:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by markyr74:
Hmm if I pay the old me rental for the year in advance for Plusnet, I only have to pay £8 a month plus call charges for fibre BB!! We don't use the phone enough to warrant a call package. It's just the 2mbs upload speeds.... but that's one tempting price and £10 a month less then I pay BT.

Maybe, but be for warned, when things go wrong it can take up to 5 days to get a reply to the fault you raise, unless you wait on the phone for hours. Plusnet ditched their very impressive call waiting stats online because it was becoming embarrasing for them - they even opened up a new call centre and couldn't cope.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:24:46
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Surely you could add a WAP?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 18:52:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

What do you mean? I have also looked at Pulse8, their pricing is the same ish as NowTV but cheaper then Idnet, are Pulse8 any good? My exchange has Talk Talk LLU equipment in it and as I understand Pulse8 resell TT Business? I also looked at John Lewis which resell Plusnet Business broadband, again may be an option.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:12:23
Print Post

Just posted this on Kitz in response to a different question, but the response is equally valid here.

As the instigator of the longish Pulse8 thread, I guess that I am in a better position than most to comment on the issues and general health of Pulse8's TTB connections.

When I first joined Pulse8 I suffered relatively low single thread TBB speed test results, but the multithread speeds were always top notch.

It may have taken a couple of months to get there, but once Adam, the owner of Pulse8 was on the case things started to happen.

The bottom line is that whatever was causing the single thread issues has now been resolved. I do see some blips in terms of single thread performance about half the time, but nothing like what I saw before. A further speed test a couple of minutes later often results in both the single thread and multi thread speeds maxing out.

Pulse8 are a TTB reseller pure and simple, so only offer Billing and First Line Support services. What they do, they do very well.

If you have any technical issues, then these get logged with TTB for resolution.

Adam cares about customer satisfaction very deeply. He has to. When he takes out a FTTC contract with TTB, he is taking out a twelve month contract, so he needs you to stay for 12 months if he is not to lose money on you as a customer.

I am still with them because of the work they put into resolving my issue and because I don't see anybody at the same price point who can deliver the same bangs for bucks.

If I do ever migrate from Pulse8, IDNet are on my (very) short list of ISPs that can offer me a simultaneous provide migration path off TTB and I would consider migrating to.

Where Pulse8 are better than IDNet is that they take the risk of not tying you into a 12 month FTTC contract, so if they don't deliver you have the option of migrating away at no cost to you (other than perhaps the cost of the migration depending on who you go with).
Standard User markyr74
(newbie) Mon 10-Apr-17 20:19:39
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, very useful. So this single threaded issue has been fixed in general or just for your line? How would the issue affect me, like would it mean streams buffering etc?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to