General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-May-17 14:55:00
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT (Price Increase)

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If the end user has both broadband and line rental from the same ISP but say only line rental is increasing in price is there an issue for the end user to migrate away both LR and BB (no price increase) without any charges being applied for the BB contract ending sooner than it should by the loosing ISP?

plusnet user
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-May-17 15:03:56
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

If sold as a bundle no issue.

If sold as two different products that you individually signed up to, but perhaps at the same time there may be an issue, but unlikely.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-May-17 15:04:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Usually they would be bundled, but whether or not, the answer is there is no problem. So far as Ofcom are concerned.

Take the example of Plusnet, or even BT, with the opposite situation. Broadband price rises, line is on LRS. Both ISPs used to allow leaving without penalty on the broadband, but refused to refund the LRS outstanding. Both have now changed their tune after an Ofcom ruling.

It's been discussed very recently in the Plusnet forum. wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-May-17 16:59:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Usually they would be bundled, but whether or not, the answer is there is no problem. So far as Ofcom are concerned.

OK I'll pass that on.

plusnet user
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-May-17 17:01:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If sold as a bundle no issue.

If sold as two different products that you individually signed up to, but perhaps at the same time there may be an issue, but unlikely.

That's good to know, I'll pass it on.

plusnet user
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to