General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Jun-18 06:52:24
Print Post

Re: Fibre on a 30 day contract?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thatís correct there is no dial tone.

Judging by the Uno website they canít provide a line connection?

Pulse8 want £99 to reconnect the line. Starting to think maybe Iíd be better off going with Plusnet in a 12 month contract as the setup fee is far cheaper.

-

TalkTalk FTTC 72|20Mb
Standard User freeola
(member) Fri 22-Jun-18 08:09:30
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

We charge £39.95 for a stopped line conversion. Both the line and FTTC would be on a 30 contract.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Line Rental, Domains, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Jun-18 08:24:19
Print Post

uno £13.50 stopped line reactivation, £40 for new line. Plus Vat of course, like all uno prices.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 71307/12780Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User freeola
(member) Fri 22-Jun-18 08:28:42
Print Post

Sorry, the price quoted was a stopped MPF line conversion. I believe Uno's stopped line price is for restarting a BT based line.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Line Rental, Domains, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Jun-18 08:42:12
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

I thought that may be a possibility on the uno site. The conversion cost is immediately below the restart price on the linked page. My main reason for the post was to provide the OP with the price list he had failed to find.

Whether in this case both the £13.50 and the £40 conversion charge would be applied is why I left it to him to ask them. It seems strange to me that asking for a new line would be cheaper than reactivating the stopped one. But Openreach is a strange beast wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 71307/12780Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Jun-18 12:16:12
Print Post

So would I have to pay to reconnect the line and broadband?

Also as the line was on Sky, does that mean another charge too?

-

TalkTalk FTTC 72|20Mb
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-18 12:41:42
Print Post

You might pay for one or both but there wouldn't be another charge for the line being on Sky last (as that's covered in the conversion).

We can help get the line restarted, just drop us a link via our site or give us a call. smile

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-18 13:39:43
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Ahh youíre still at Uno Matt, thatís good smile You helped me with an awful noisy line a few years ago!

Not really bothered about the landline side of it, got a mobile for voice calls but obviously understand the line has to be paid for too.

Can you see what TT backhaul capacity is like on individual exchanges?

-

TalkTalk FTTC 72|20Mb

Edited by wolvesmad (Fri 22-Jun-18 13:40:52)

Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sat 23-Jun-18 22:09:42
Print Post

PULSE8

Finally switched over early hours June 22, Initially put on a very conservative profile of 12dB.

Gave them a call 08:35 'phone answered immediately, a few different profiles tried, until the "magic" 6dB appeared.

Has remained very stable, which is unusual for my > 6Km E.O. line, Downstream Atten. at 300kHz: 71.9 dB
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 23-Jun-18 22:17:17
Print Post

[re: Brunel] [link to this post]

I hope all continues well.

TalkTalk Retail do set a high margin unless persuaded not to. I didn't know TT Business did.

Was your margin already high before your migration? It shouldn't have mattered as it should have reset. Unless perhaps you were previously on a TT retail or Business connection. For example, the Post Office.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to