General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alucidnation
(regular) Sat 09-Mar-19 10:00:21
Print Post

ANy love for IDnet?

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Just browsing for a new ISP and noticed IDnet have been around for a while and seem to get very positive reviews generally.

However, they don't seem to be all that popular among the members here and don't get that many recommendations.

Is there something i am missing?

smile
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Sat 09-Mar-19 10:12:46
Print Post

Re: ANy love for IDnet?

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

I have been with IDNet for a few months now. You won't see any comment from me as there is nothing to comment about. Everything works as it should, no peaktime slowdowns or single thread issues and on the few occasions I have talked to or e-mailed support my query or problem has been resolved with no hassle.

I'd be more worried if there were lots of comments as that normally implies that there is something to complain about.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-Mar-19 10:47:48
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Think I phoned them once, was about having sync and no authentication (think it was a couple of years ago) they checked and found there was an issue with an eta of a fix in an hour or so from BT Wholesale. Called answered quickly and no long script to follow to get to the answer.

Run IDnet for day to day work and which ever other provider is cheap as chips on other line to try out the consumer lines for evening film/streaming/gaming.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wowitsme
(newbie) Sat 09-Mar-19 11:14:44
Print Post

Been using idnet 12 months now for unlimited fibre max, mostly online gaming and streaming netflix.
Never had any issues and my account is always updated on any new works in the area which might affect my line.
Great isp no complaints here!

IDNET ~ 80/20
Standard User smurf46
(committed) Sat 09-Mar-19 13:21:09
Print Post

I've run IDNet on my poorish line for over 5 years. It's as good as I'm going to get. No problems with IDNet apart from some capacity/congestion issues a couple of years back, which they resolved and no problems since. What more could you ask for?

But they can't do miracles. So your line will perform as well as it can. But if your local infrastructure is poor then my experience is you may have to ask whether it is worth it? But you can be sure you won't do any better with anyone else, probably; which is also the point they have made to me!

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Mar-19 13:50:59
Print Post

In recent times there's a few people who have been getting peak time slow downs on IDNet. It may or may not be related to the backhaul supplier they use.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/idnet/f/4594770-thi...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
(regular) Sat 09-Mar-19 15:40:44
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Hi, yes i did read that thread and it was fairly inconclusive.

Interesting that they have a 'choice' of backhaul that they use.

As it's a monthly contract i might give them a go for a couple of months and if all goes ok then sign up for twelve months as this gives a slight discount!

smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Mar-19 16:58:35
Print Post

TBH no ISP is immune from speed issues, its what they do to resolve them which determines how good/bad they are. From others' experience, IDNet are one of the better ones out there so yeah probably worth trying them out.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Mar-19 22:11:16
Print Post

I returned to them over 18 months ago after several years with Plusnet. IDNet are expensive but run a very good network - they've been offering dual stack IPv6 for many years now. Their support is also pretty good, should there be any need for it.

As for speed:

My Broadband Speed Test

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 09-Mar-19 22:14:26)

(regular) Sat 09-Mar-19 23:17:00
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Ok thanks.

What are the benefits of ipv6?

Excuse the noob question

laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to