General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User q4719049
(newbie) Mon 11-Mar-19 17:38:05
Print Post

EE 80Mb opinions/views

[link to this post]

Hello

Is anyone using EE Broadband here or has recently used them in the last year or so? Hopefully on a FTTC plan with 80Mb?

If so, do you have any advice or views on their network, and as an ISP as a whole?

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 11-Mar-19 18:17:21
Print Post

Re: EE 80Mb opinions/views

[re: q4719049] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare?isp_7=1&...

240 opinions there for February. More than 300 for December and every earlier month shown. (Hover the cursor over a column to see how many rated that ISP for the month).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 11-Mar-19 18:17:45)

Standard User q4719049
(newbie) Mon 11-Mar-19 19:27:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link, I was looking for something like that

Is there anyway to lookup speedtests performed on an ISP? And hopefully be able to filter them by the package the user is paying for?

I found this, https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8338-uk-broadban...

Any idea why "EE Fibre Plus FTTC 80/20" has a "E (2.1)" rating?

Edited by q4719049 (Mon 11-Mar-19 19:32:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Mar-19 21:18:29
Print Post

An EE user with good FTTC speeds but low quality score
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15503553693...

A BT user with a good quality score and FTTC speeds
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15523163268...

The difference is the time it takes to reach the top speeds
This has been ongoing for a long time with EE, reasons unknown

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 11-Mar-19 21:19:26
Print Post

I hadn't seen that table before and it will need a fair bit of study. But at the bottom is an explanatory "Note" about exactly your question.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User q4719049
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 09:46:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah, I see, thanks for the response

Are you aware if it affects 100% of the EE Broadband speedtests or just most (like 50 or 60%)?

Do you consider it a severe issue that would cause you to not personally use EE Broadband?
Standard User q4719049
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 09:46:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Looks like I missed that part, thanks for pointing it out
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:11:56
Print Post

We report median figures for averages and remember we can only report on what we see, so may be lots who are happy that we don't see.

Not going to recommend a provider for you personally, because the questions are such that I'd be worried if a recommendation did not reach your expectations

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User q4719049
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:40:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I see

Do you log/maintain any data on the speed ramp up duration? So I could see whether we are talking about a large majority of EE's customers or even if that % of users is increasing or decreasing?

I'm asking as, even though I may be entirely wrong, I'm hoping it is an issue with older routers EE has provided in the past (The brightbox hopefully) and that third party routers and their new Smart Hub are free of the issue.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:49:36
Print Post

If you are willing to pay for the time to pull that data and perform the analysis.

We went down the route of asking people the router model but it did not reveal any obvious pattern.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to