General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Fri 31-Jan-20 17:56:44
Print Post

Switch Vodafone Superfast 2 > TalkTalk or Uno or?

[link to this post]

At Home I have a VM200 connection and a Vodafone Superfast 2, 80/20 line.

I'm thinking of switching the Vodafone superfast 2 and line to the TalkTalk equivalent for £5 a month less, or maybe Uno's Duo Advanced package, the same price as I pay now.

What are customer services like on these two if something goes wrong?

When things went wrong before with both my current isp's, it was a nightmare and took over 2 months to even convince them there was an issue and then a further month to fix it.

I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire if something goes wrong. So all comments welcome.
Many thanks in Advance.

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Edited by mrmarktigger (Fri 31-Jan-20 17:57:06)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 31-Jan-20 18:10:21
Print Post

Re: Switch Vodafone Superfast 2 > TalkTalk or Uno or?

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

Either will be better CS than Vodafone and VM.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
(member) Fri 31-Jan-20 18:28:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks RobertoS. That's good to know.

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Feb-20 10:55:16
Print Post

Uno have a great reputation for customer service.

Their Duo product comes with a lower guaranteed performance:

"An assured rate of 20Mb is provided with the service (where the line rate is higher)." compared to 40Mb/s for their more expensive standard fibre product.

They use multiple suppliers for their Duo product. You can probably work out who they are using at your exchange by partially processing an order. Mine comes up as "Migration - ZW (FTTC)", so almost certainly Zen Wholesale.

Don't forget Uno's web site displays costs ex-VAT.

Uno are going to be refigging their product line soon, but not sure whether this will feature a rebadging or replacement of the Duo product.

Talk Talk customer service seems to have a bit of a mixed reputation and the ratings on the main site suggest their customer support is about the same as Vodafone's. So from a CS perspective I would say Uno all the way.

I'm interested in feedback on the Duo product, so if anybody frequenting these forums is using the Duo product, I would be very interested in hearing your experience.
(member) Sat 01-Feb-20 12:11:43
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info jaydub.

Re:Uno
Yes I noticed the assured rate of 20Mb - seems a bit low!

I've just done a partially processing of order and like you, it says "Migration - ZW (FTTC)" for me too.

Thanks for the heads up on the vat - although I did twig that due to odd pricing e.g. 22.91 instead of 22.95 for example.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Feb-20 18:38:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
I'm interested in feedback on the Duo product...

Looks like there is a £40 migration fee for their bundled line rental/broadband products plus additionally a modem might need to be purchased for FTTC? Currently Uno Duo products appear to be good value if one is willing to accept a minimum 18 month term.

BTW. I don't have an Uno Duo product but I do have Uno line rental and the call charges are very low smile
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Feb-20 18:39:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrmarktigger:
Thanks for the info jaydub.

Re:Uno
Yes I noticed the assured rate of 20Mb - seems a bit low!

Therein lies the rub. They assure me that in reality people on the Duo product don't have any issues with their lines, however they do say that if the performance of your line is critical to you then you are better on their standard product.

I've just done a partially processing of order and like you, it says "Migration - ZW (FTTC)" for me too.

I wonder if their preference is to place people with Zen wholesale where Zen have a presence at the fibre exchange.
(member) Mon 03-Feb-20 06:11:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
I wonder if their preference is to place people with Zen wholesale where Zen have a presence at the fibre exchange.

Yes indeed, it seems like it.

Print Thread

Jump to